For the first time I actually have two amps that I would gig with - a Peavey Delta Blues and a Valveking. Since one of my bands would be gigging without a bass player (Vocals, guitar and drums), I'm considering using both amps at once, to fill out the sound. I was thinking to keep the DB on its clean channel and the VK on its drive channel. What's the best way to do this, and has anyone else done it?
Any stereo pedal would split the signal even in bypass I believe.

I'd love another amp specifically to have one with dirt and one with cleans.
Sparrow Twangmaster Telecaster
G&L Legacy Stratocaster

Korg Pitchblack > Fuzz Face > Tubescreamer -> Crybaby -> Modded SD-1 -> Big Muff -> Phaser -> El Capistan -> TS-1 Tremolo/Stereo-Pan

Vox VT20+
As long as both amps have speakers, you can just use an A/B/Y box.

If not, you have to use a head switcher with a dummy load, like the Radial Tonebone Switchbone.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by jdrier21
looks like someone wants to play some White Stripes

Quote by static_music34
your guitar doesn't exist, apparently

good one...
:Gear:
Ibanez RG2EX1
Fender Stratacoustic
Bugera Vintage 5
boss bf-3, use the pan setting. try to catch your signal in the middle of the two amps. I tried the one clean, one dirty thing and had trouble getting it to sound good. but seriously the bf-3 is awesome for two amps.
Quote by jdrier21

**Looks like someone wants play some Flat Duo Jets.

GO TO THE ROOTS
Guitars:
Gibson SG Standard with Bigsby
Gibson Custom ES-137
Gibson Custom 54' Les Paul VOS Goldtop
Gretsch G6129T Silver Jet
1968 Harmony Rocket H75

Amps:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe (modded)
1970 Fender Twin Reverb (blackfaced)

Quote by jdrier21

Started as a White Stripes cover band

And Chuckles, I'm not worried about sounding empty - we play songs geared towards.. bass-less-ness? And the DB's 15' speaker + fuzz = plenty of bass frequencies.

EDIT: And I have tried it out, my Bad Monkey can split the signal. I was more wondering how that kind of setup would sound live. Also, recommendations for a true bypass A/B/Y would be extremely helpful.
Last edited by Frank_Black at May 15, 2011,
Radial Eng A/B/Y, gives you lift, polarity, and another switch to kill excessive noise, and is dead simple, could be jumped on by a sumo wrestler and switch perfectly fine, and is passive, and mine has lasted me 8 years.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Yet another question: would running two amps actually be twice as loud, or would it be similar in volume to using a cab?

EDIT: That radial A/B/Y is exactly what I'm looking for, thanks.
Last edited by Frank_Black at May 16, 2011,
Quote by Frank_Black
Yet another question: would running two amps actually be twice as loud, or would it be similar in volume to using a cab?

EDIT: That radial A/B/Y is exactly what I'm looking for, thanks.

If my knowledge of wave theory is right, so long as both amps have the exact same frequency response and play the same notes/are in phase with each other, it will be about 4 times as loud.
However, it wont magically increase clean headroom. It sounds louder due to constructive interference.