Put some pretty simple guitars in this. Pretty much just followed the chord progressions in the song. Either way, I thought it sounded pretty cool.

I don't normally listen to this kind of stuff.. at all.. but it's fun to mess around with sometimes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNyFBKALnXc
Music Man JPX 6
Ibanez RGT220H
Fender 50th Anniversary Deluxe Strat
93 Jackson Std Professional (Japan)
03 Gibson LP Special
Alvarez AD60SC

Mesa Single Rectifier/Mesa 4x12 cab
Mesa Transatlantic TA-15
Hughes & Kettner Triplex
Quote by 3074326
I don't normally listen to this kind of stuff.. at all.. but it's fun to mess around with sometimes.

Regarding your comment, I wish more people would understand your(our?) point of view. I have actually stopped coming here so often because of seeing the flow of stupidity in the comments on the news articles. I have been listening to a lot of different kinds of music (including pop) for a while now. Pop music isn't supposed to impress you with arpeggios and insane picking. It's supposed to be simple, it's supposed to be catchy, it's meant to be enjoyed. The "skill" involved in making a song is irrelevant; if it sounds good it sounds good. Music is here for our entertainment, not to be critiqued to death by people who don't even listen to it. If you don't enjoy it, great, but you don't have to put other people down for enjoying what they choose to.

/rant

Aaanyway, lol. Very cool. Nice job, I enjoyed it.
I don't know... listening to it this way made me think of tATu... oh god, I'm gonna go listen to them now.

Good work. Sounds great!! I love doing this with music. A lot of my covers take pop music, break them down, and play them stripped in the raw form. If you check out my youtube page, you can see what I mean. Link in my pants.

HAHAHA! And the first comment I see on a tATu song is, "Where is the ET in this?" ROFL!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mGBaXPlri8
Last edited by JustJeff at May 17, 2011,
Nice job on the cover!

Thanks for the comments everyone. I was hoping I wouldn't get slammed for doing a Katy Perry song.

The song is a guilty pleasure of mine.

I have a cover of Rihanna's Unfaithful in my YouTube account too. If you liked my version of ET, I think you'll like the Unfaithful one as well. It has a little more going on, including some different drums.
Music Man JPX 6
Ibanez RGT220H
Fender 50th Anniversary Deluxe Strat
93 Jackson Std Professional (Japan)
03 Gibson LP Special
Alvarez AD60SC

Mesa Single Rectifier/Mesa 4x12 cab
Mesa Transatlantic TA-15
Hughes & Kettner Triplex