I'm probably going to get flamed for this, but I have been researching a new amp to get for the past two weeks and I think I have found "the one". I started off wanted a Peavey 6505+ for its distortion but heard it's cleans very so-so at best. Then was put onto a few other combo amps which did cleans/distortion 'OK', then I saw a comparison of the Savage vs a Mesa Dual Rect and was blown away, so I'm sold on the ENGL Savage heard. Do they do good cleans though? It's a 4 channel with a 3 band EQ per channel so an EQ pedal won't be necessary but I'm just curious as to how good the cleans can get. I mainly play Metallica, Megadeth, Guns N' Roses, BVMV but I'm not looking to totally emulate their tones, I want to record my own stuff at a later date. Will this amp be versatile enough to cover those tones though?

Also, what would be a good cab to match this? It's a 120W head, so I'm guessing I would need a cab of higher then 120W output? Can this still be played in a bedroom setting? Thanks heaps in advance!!
just thought i would throw this out there, at one point i was looking at the savage, and came accross two amps i liked a lot better, even though they weren't as flexibe, the Diamond Nitrox, and the Splawn Nitro. i bought the Nitro, it really is a killer amp, and has exceeded every expectation in every way. i got the Nitro used for $1300 shipped on the bay, talked the guy down a hundred.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
i think engl has decent cleans it just depends what type of sound you want. Do you want a 6L6 sound or a EL84 sound. also most amps in the price range of the engl or 6505 or nitrox are gonna have good or decent clean tones. it is just all preference. I like the clean tones of mesa's over 6505's but most of the time if you buy a 6505 you are buying it for the distortion.

Epi LP Custom EMGs
ESP H-1000
Schecter Elite 7
Jackson Dominion
Peavey Valveking Head
Jet City JCA24s
Blackstar HT20 & HTV212
MXR Pedals
Schecter Stiletto Custom
Schecter Stiletto Studio
Fender Vintage Modified
Ampeg B2RE
Fender 4x10 Cab
From what I've heard, the savage has pretty darn good cleans, about on par with the powerball, which is about on par with the Mesa mark V or dual rec
Ibanez RG5EX1
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey XXX-->Avatar 4X12(2 V30's 2 G12H30's)

BARE KNUCKLE PUPS RULE!
Quote by gumbilicious
thanks for making an old dude feel like his advice is actually taken into consideration
Savage has very good cleans when you consider how high gain it is, its a very good well thought out and versatile amp.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb