Does anybody own this/can give any input?

Looks decent, and cheap as balls.
Last edited by anybodyelse at May 16, 2011,
I don't own it, but I've got one with me for the summer.

I like it a lot, but I don't have much experience with amps in general so my opinion might be a bit misguided.

Is there anything in particular you'd like to know about it?
kickass for its price
go for it
**** yeah
Gear:
Peavey 6505 120W Head
Ibanez Rga32 (FOR SALE)
Laney Lv412a Cab(FOR SALE)
Soon To Get::
Boss DD20
Morley Bad Horsie II
Quote by thegerbilking
I don't own it, but I've got one with me for the summer.

I like it a lot, but I don't have much experience with amps in general so my opinion might be a bit misguided.

Is there anything in particular you'd like to know about it?

How is the tone itself? Crisp? I'm getting a really nice new electric soon and figure a new amp will go well with it. But nothing too loud or expensive.

I notice it seems to have quite a decent amount of effects and the such, anything you can tell me about them?
I love mine, only complaint I have about it is that it doesn't have the connector for the Sanpera footswitchers. Solid practice amp for the price (though I got mine for my birthday), and can definitely cover a lot of tonal ground. As far as the effects I honestly don't use them all that much (though they are fairly decent IMO) other than chorus on my clean tone.

In a nutshell, go for it.
Quote by Kikuta
Sell your Valvestate to brainless 17 year old for mighty sums of dollars. Purchase a JMP for a pittance from a desperate seller. Masturbate to pictures of yourself and your new, real Marshall. Eternal glory awaits.

Quote by anybodyelse
How is the tone itself? Crisp? I'm getting a really nice new electric soon and figure a new amp will go well with it. But nothing too loud or expensive.

I notice it seems to have quite a decent amount of effects and the such, anything you can tell me about them?

The tone is pretty versatile. You can get a lot of different sounds from it, but I think it does best with blues/classic rock. I wasn't too impressed with the heavy distortion/metal tones but that's probably because I'm playing a strat. Also, I'm not very good at playing metal so that probably doesn't help either. So your mileage will definitely vary depending on what you plug into it and what you like to play. In general though, I'd say it's pretty good, especially for the price.

As for loudness, it'll get loud enough to piss off your neighbors, but I don't know about using it for a gig. It'll definitely suffice if you just want to practice by yourself. Speaking of loudness, it has a 3.5 mm headphone plug, so if you want to play really late at night, or don't want to annoy your roommates, any pair of headphones will work. (also has a 3.5 mm aux input for backing tracks or playing along)

There are tons of effects, some of which are useful, some which are not useful at all (reverse, really?), but mostly which I don't care for. You can even customize the effects (each one has two parameters). But I pretty much only mess with bass, mids, highs, and reverb. Those plus the all the clean/distortion channels is usually more than enough for me, so you might want to get someone else's input about that stuff. I'm generally more interested in playing my guitar than playing with all the different sounds.

It's definitely a great amp. Once my friend takes it back, I'm going to have to buy one for myself, and I might just get the same one. I doubt you could find anything much better for the price.
I have it, and it's a pretty good amp, loud too. You can mic it for recording, but for gigs, get a bigger one. I hot the 120W Peavey Vypyr because I dig the Rectifier-type tone and it was a good price, they both were. You can't go wrong with a Vypyr 15.
for 100$ it's an awesome little practice amp. If you play mostly cleans and low gain stuff however, the fender mustang may be a better option as it is a little better at that kind of tone.
Guitars
Amps
Quote by thegerbilking
The tone is pretty versatile. You can get a lot of different sounds from it, but I think it does best with blues/classic rock. I wasn't too impressed with the heavy distortion/metal tones but that's probably because I'm playing a strat.
My experience is just the opposite. Great for Metal and cleans. Grainy sounding for blues rock. Great amp for the money. But for blues I would give the Mustang a test drive. The cab is plenty big enough to upgrade to a 10" speaker if you happen to get one cheap.

I doubt any multifx amp will beat the Vypyr for metal.