I've noticed that when i weight lift(the usual 1 arm "contraction" ) I fell a pain in my forearm only in my left hand(the one that plays the neck of a guitar).
since finger movement is controlled by the muscle group in the forearm i think that my finger's muscle stamina and speed improvement led to the pain i experience when weight lifting with my left hand.
anyone else had that thing?
know anything that could ease the pain?
Fap, with your left hand.
Quote by TheChaz
I ran over two squirrels at once one time. They were chasing after each other in the street, and I swerved to avoid them, but ended up with one under each tire. Still my greatest driving accomplishment to date.

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Hitler could have been aborted
its not a real "pain"... like ... pain.. its more like itch or minor pain dont you think it has something to do with the combination of the two(guitar and lifting)? i'll say it again, my right arm is perfectly fine.
Rub icy hot on it.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Playing guitar and lifting weights shouldn't really cause any pain, unless you're doing either of the two incorrectly.
believe me, i've done some guitar and lifting mistakes but i've learned over time and they are quite effective right now... i still think that slight over strain of the muscles by playing for long periods can effect weight-lifting, although i much prefer the combination of the two, playing is easer for my now and its feels good to be fit too.
Quote by dany_100
I've noticed that when i weight lift(the usual 1 arm "contraction" ) I fell a pain in my forearm only in my left hand(the one that plays the neck of a guitar).
since finger movement is controlled by the muscle group in the forearm i think that my finger's muscle stamina and speed improvement led to the pain i experience when weight lifting with my left hand.
anyone else had that thing?
know anything that could ease the pain?

Is it a burning feeling towards the end of your workout?

It's probably your grip giving way. I get it all the time at the end of a heavy workout. Especially when working my back. If you invest in some wrist-strap you shouldn't get it so badly.
Are you talking about weight lifting like bicep curls?
And the pain is close to the elbow on the forearm?

Because that's just muscle fatigue from lifting, you'd get that even if you didn't play guitar.
Just keep at it brah, you'll eventually get to the point where there isn't any noticeable pain/fatigue. But if this pain is actually hurting and remains hurting for a good while, don't ignore it get it looked at.
Using grips your hand is not used to, by for example guitar playing can cause some pain, and by putting a lot of stress on your tendons and muscles you can re-experience this. It's best to slow down the pace some bit, and keep stretching and doing really light exercises for your wrists and fingers a lot.
Quote by PsiGuy60
Banned because f*ck you Hebriqui.
I'd been going for a month or so.

Quote by Peres.T.Peanut
oh **** you
ask this guy. he might know the answer.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Are you using too heavy weights? I use 3kg weights, but a lot are 5kg - which I find put too much stress on the wrist, especially when cold.
Quote by Troop of Doom
Are you using too heavy weights? I use 3kg weights, but a lot are 5kg - which I find put too much stress on the wrist, especially when cold.

Lol get some food in ya.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Quote by Troop of Doom

Are you lifting to build muscle mass or tone mate?
Because 3s are, no offence, women's toning weights.

I'm using 5s at the minute but they aren't big enough to build more mass really, I have to do at least 50 reps before the burn sets in and that's just stamina.
im using 10.5kg weights... but im small and light... 48.5kg...
the pain is in the middle of the forearm more focused in the right area.
its nothing too serious just a concern that i thought you would know something about..
Quote by dany_100
im using 10.5kg weights... but im small and light... 48.5kg...
the pain is in the middle of the forearm more focused in the right area.
its nothing too serious just a concern that i thought you would know something about..

so you're curling 10.5 on each arm? How many reps and sets?
about 10-12 reps and 4 sets.
but i've just changed my exercising plan to this,from a 13kg 7-8 reps 3 sets for muscle growth.
I`ve only recently started to try and loose a little weight and tone up - i`m sure after a while i`ll get onto the 5`s when it gets too easy and boring. But I know people do often use the heavier weights straight away to feel more macho. I guess it depends on your starting point. 5kg`s would deffinately be too much for me doing the stright arm stuff aerobicly, maybe OK for curls. Although I have broken both wrists in the past and have dodgy ligaments in both shoulders, so i`m always carefull not to over do it.

edit: 10.5 & 13kg`s? Are you warming up first, even atheletes have to warm up gently before going full out.
Last edited by Troop of Doom at May 16, 2011,
You probably used that muscled a lot while you were lifting that day and you didn't stretch after. The muscle got tight and you tried using while it was, and therefore it was painful.

Ice it and go to doctor.