Hey everyone,

I´ve been wanting to buy a Hummingbird for a long time. However, I found a Hummingbird Pro that is waaaaay Cheaper!!!!

I can´t seem to find any differences appart from the pickguard and the color finish.

They are both Sitka spruce top and mahogany back and sides—all solid woods.

They both come with LR baggs Element system.

How is this possible? Am I missing something out?

Thanks to anyone that can help!!!

FMF
I believe you posted the exact same question about 2 hours earlier than this one on AGF. You already have your answer. It's a GC exclusive, and because it's slightly different from the original Hummingbird, the price is lower. It's all about prestige.
Acoustics:
1994 Seagull SM6
2007 Takamine G5013SVFT

Electrics:
2008 Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain Top (Cherryburst)
1964 Gibson Melody Maker D (DC)

Amps:
Traynor YGL-1

Pedals
MXR Distortion III (C4 Modded)
I have a Hummingbird Pro. I love it. Its gorgeous and sounds even better. Only issue I have is strapping it up. The strap button on the bottom is really thin so I havent found a strap that fits it well..and there is no strap button up top so I gotta do the ole' round the headstock thing.
Quote by RockinSince1993
I believe you posted the exact same question about 2 hours earlier than this one on AGF. You already have your answer. It's a GC exclusive, and because it's slightly different from the original Hummingbird, the price is lower. It's all about prestige.

I did get an answer at AGF but I try to get as many opinions as possible. I have learned a lot from a lot of other people in other forums with regards to this same question in just one day...so not sure why it seems to bother you that I post the same question in other places.

It is not just a ¨slightly different¨ guitar...it´s a very different guitar in shape and sound.
Quote by DG_Griffin
I have a Hummingbird Pro. I love it. Its gorgeous and sounds even better. Only issue I have is strapping it up. The strap button on the bottom is really thin so I havent found a strap that fits it well..and there is no strap button up top so I gotta do the ole' round the headstock thing.

Really? Had no idea about that problem!

Everyone seems to be very happy with the Gibson Pro. However, despite the price difference, since I have never tried one and I gotta order online I´m gonna stick to the HB which I have always love!

I ordered it yesterday. Can´t wait! Thanks for the info DG Griffin!
Quote by fermfs
I did get an answer at AGF but I try to get as many opinions as possible. I have learned a lot from a lot of other people in other forums with regards to this same question in just one day...so not sure why it seems to bother you that I post the same question in other places.

It is not just a ¨slightly different¨ guitar...it´s a very different guitar in shape and sound.

Sorry if i came off a little rude, I was kind of stressed at the time of posting. Good luck in your search for information.
Acoustics:
1994 Seagull SM6
2007 Takamine G5013SVFT

Electrics:
2008 Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain Top (Cherryburst)
1964 Gibson Melody Maker D (DC)

Amps:
Traynor YGL-1

Pedals
MXR Distortion III (C4 Modded)
Quote by RockinSince1993
Sorry if i came off a little rude, I was kind of stressed at the time of posting. Good luck in your search for information.

It happens....no worries!
I like the look and specs of the H-Bird Pro. I was even thinking of getting the cutaway version. I contacted Guitar Center about making a custom order (all I wanted "custom" was to get it in natural instead of VS) and they weren't very helpful, to put it mildly. Annoying when Gibson is usually very easy to put in a custom order to.
Check out "thelastplaceyoulook" on YouTube, iTunes and [url="http://facebook.com/thelastplaceyoulook
"]Facebook