Listened to it again today. Everything's better than before. James' vocals, the sound, the songs and solos, the day that never comes (best song ever). It felt like everything was an improvement. The day that never comes is the perfect combination of One and Fade to Black, and James' voice sounds much more matured now than before (it sounded like Mustianes before). Just my 2 cents. Pure improvement, best metal album ever.

No one will agree but prove me wrong.
Solos are beyond garbage. I honestly didn't think the album was that bad (besides The Unforgiven III), but Kirk's solos. My god. So much wah, so many pentatonics. It was just awful in every single way.
Quote by JTNorquay
Solos are beyond garbage. I honestly didn't think the album was that bad (besides The Unforgiven III), but Kirk's solos. My god. So much wah, so many pentatonics. It was just awful in every single way.

Yeh he overused the wah, but the solos still sounded awesome, especially the day that never comes, like the sweeps in that were badass. Im not trolling btw, honest opinion.
Quote by JTNorquay
Solos are beyond garbage.

This. The same goes for the sound imo, someone like Rick Rubin is supposed to do better than that.

The songs were really good, though.
FAIL. Metallicas best album was either Master of Puppets or the Black Album. I liked some songs on DM but Cyanide was played nonstop and I can't listen to it anymore. The Day That Never Comes was good The Unforgiven III was good. I liked My Apocalypse and Broken Beat & Scarred. Everything else was pretty much garbage.