Poll: Bes friend dating sister?
Poll Options
View poll results: Bes friend dating sister?
Dick move
179 40%
It's fine
55 12%
It'd be fine if they told me
150 33%
I should mind my own business
68 15%
Voters: 453.
Page 1 of 5
How does the pit feel about this? When your best friend decides to starting going out with your sister.

This happened to me in January. He is 19, 20 in September and my sister is 16, September just gone.

Neither of them asked me, they just waited until I found out myself. My Mum ended up telling me.

How would you feel about this?

Is it a douche move, should I mind my own business or what?

Poll incoming...
He's 19 and she is 16?

Thats just sad, is he to immature to get a gf of a closer age?

Thats a real dick move. Though he doesnt need your permission, you dont shag your mates little sister.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
That really sucks, he's a friend of yours. It must be really awkward situation.
Quote by PsiGuy60
Banned because f*ck you Hebriqui.
I'd been going for a month or so.

Quote by Peres.T.Peanut
oh **** you
Yeah it's not too fun. Plus, I've never got on with my sister. We live together but very, very rarely talk. We are just two completely different people and I can't stand her to be honest, but this just makes me hate her even more.
I think the issue is that you had to find out through your mum; couldn't either of them have told you out of courtesy?
Also agree to some extent with all of the above.
RIP Gooze

cats
That's like how Harry Potter starts dating Ron's younger sister, not cool. This also makes you Ron Weasley.
I'd be fine with it as long as they were up front about it and my mate mentioned it to me before anything happened.

But it is a dick move to jsut go ahead with it without at least mentioning it.

Edit: Actually, is your sister hot? that may be a major factor.
Last edited by SG_dave at May 16, 2011,
Quote by kaptink
That's like how Harry Potter starts dating Ron's younger sister, not cool. This also makes you Ron Weasley.

Very true. Infallible logic.
Quote by kaptink

Holy shit...
I don't see why this would be a dick move unless you're friends with an asshole. And if you are then you're an idiot.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
The age difference and the fact that they didn't tell you makes it a dick move.
He's just in the /2+7 rule.
If he's not a dick it's fine.
Edit: I doubt he's going to be seeing as he's your friend.

Just cover your ears at night if they're in the next room.
Last edited by Silent Murder at May 16, 2011,
Quote by jimmyled
The age difference and the fact that they didn't tell you makes it a dick move.

As far as I'm concerned, if they were in highschool at the same time for any period of time, it's okay. And why tell him if it's not really any of his business? He just said he doesn't get along with his sister. So it's not really any of his business.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Last edited by Jack Off Jill at May 16, 2011,
So he's Uni-age and she's still at school? Uncool whether she's your sister or not
UG'S SEXIEST TRANNY 2010

UG'S 3rd HOTTEST CROSSDRESSER 2011
I'd most probably beat him until he could no longer remember his own name.
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
punch him in the groin. that act is way out of the bro code.
Happened to me. I didn't even find out until i was at work and they come walking down the aisle holding hands. That was one big WTF moment. Luckily they're broken up now.
Yea that's right, I want something to explode

I've been deaf, now I want noise

LOUD LOVE
Quote by Vitor_vdp
19 and 16 isn't that bad really.

i agree, i don't know why people see this as the bad thing :s
Well, would you rather have some douchebag dating your sister or your best friend?

Either way it's a bit dickish move if he didn't even tell you.
make it a threesome
Internet trolls are like sap in trees. sticky and annoying, but good on pancakes.
The age difference isn't a big deal... When young, a small age difference like 1/3 years seems massive, but as soon as they're out of school, it'll seem perfectly natural.
However, they should've told you before anything happened, I'd consider that a dick move. But I don't think the age difference is a problem at all.
She's a bit too young for him, which is creepy.

Other than that I probably wouldn't mind a mate of mine dating my sister, she's going to date someone it might as well be someone I like and trust rather than a dickhead.
Then again, if they break up badly it could be awkward for you.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
One of my close friends went out with my sister for a bit. It wasn't a big deal. Surely it's up to them anyway?
SUCH a bad move. What a dick. My best friend has a really hot little sister, and the whole group of friends likes her. A few of them have got with her at different stages and it makes things so awkward, ESPECIALLY when they don't say anything, wait for the brother to find out himself.

The age difference makes it worse. He is taking advantage. She is young and possibly vulnerable, he is at an age where the desirable scenario is short-lived sex-based relationships.

Have a chat with him, and if he goes all "its none of your business" then forget him, he's not a good friend.
I say it shouldn't be a problem.
The only thing in your story that I find a bit strange is that they couldn't be honest about it.

Put it this way:

Would you rather have your best buddy dating your sister, whom you know well and trust, or some little imbecille asshat?
Quote by Alix_D
Never heard of Seinfeld, what kind of music do they play? Assuming they use Kramers, it must be heavy!

SAVE GIBSON

Quote by toine
i agree, i don't know why people see this as the bad thing :s

I can see this going a couple ways:
One - theyll break up and his friend wont talk to him because of family ties blah blah blah
Two - 19 year old having sex with 16 year old, well atleast he isnt 30 having sex with at 16 year old
Three - Like the first one cept he wont give a shit and still chill with you and realize it was a retarded idea
Four - Theyll have sex, she call rape, and youll have a lawsuit on your hands

Quote by Gunpowder
Thrashturbating? Most metal of all ways to pleasure oneself.
I'd call this one a dick move, but only because they didn't tell you. Acting like they've got something to hide means they probably do, I'd be pissed. If any of my best friends started dating my sister I'd be totally cool with it. She's three years younger than me, so same difference as OP too (except she's 19 now). It may be different because shockingly I get along with and respect my sister so I know both parties would benefit.
in my country sex is legal at 16 =s
And it's only 3 years difference.
Hugh Hefner is 85 and is "screwing" 18yo girls, yet that's ok!?
He's the biggest pedo in the world
Quote by kaptink

Ginny is only one year younger than Ron, so it's really not as creepy as this dilemma, IMO.
Anytime i start thinking "yeah, my friends sister's pretty hot" i quickly remind myself that she shares 50% of my friends DNA and i'd effectively be sexing half of my male best friend. As an unabashed homophobe i simply cannot stand for this, and my friendship ruining boner is instantly killed. Problem solved.
Quote by spitonastranger
Anytime i start thinking "yeah, my friends sister's pretty hot" i quickly remind myself that she shares 50% of my friends DNA and i'd effectively be sexing half of my male best friend. As an unabashed homophobe i simply cannot stand for this, and my friendship ruining boner is instantly killed. Problem solved.

This is true of anybody who has a father.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by toine

The general creepiness guideline is no lower than half your own age plus seven. However the issue here is that, without knowing the individual situation, a girl at 16 is likely to be very different in maturity from a guy of 19; one will be able to go out and drink, drive, will be finished with school, etc. In my mind that alone leaves a huge gap; and a gap that makes it easy for him to take advantage of the much less experienced girl. Picking up 16 year olds is shooting fish in a barrel for almost anyone that age.
Plus you've then got to factor in that a 16 year old girl probably wants very different things than a 19 year old dude.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by spitonastranger

Good luck finding a woman that doesn't share DNA with a male.

Quote by toine

Paedophilia is being attracted to children, or people under the age of 13. You're just thinking of a man that's rich enough to get some hot ass.

Creep =/= Pedophiliac
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Last edited by laid-to-waste at May 16, 2011,
Quote by Jack Off Jill
This is true of anybody who has a father.

Wut? We all have 50 per cent of eachother's DNA?

EDIT: Nevermind, nevermind.

But its different cus its his own best friend I reckon. It'd be worse if there was a strong resemblance between the brother and sister.
Last edited by Icarus Lives at May 16, 2011,
Page 1 of 5