Hey Guys,

Im on the hunt for a cheap reversed headstocked guitar with a fast neck, ive looked at the Ibanez RGR321EX and GRG121EX and the ESP M-50. Any Other Alternatives

Thanks For The Help
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
Charvel are to announce some budget models next month, listen out for them

are they? when?

do you have a link?

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I have the Ibanez you mentioned, very comfortable neck I must say, good sound and well, the Edge III is not as bad as everyone says.
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
Quote by Das Turnip
The Washburn Nuno series guitars are pretty cool. They've got models that go from dirt cheap to silly expensive too:

http://www.washburn.com/electrics/nuno/

(Cheap ones on page 2)

my dad has one of the lower end models and the neck feels like its made of plastic, absolutely junk lol so if you go with a washburn buy a mid range model
Quote by Samashton12
Hey Guys,

Im on the hunt for a cheap reversed headstocked guitar with a fast neck, ive looked at the Ibanez RGR321EX and GRG121EX and the ESP M-50. Any Other Alternatives

Thanks For The Help

Not feeling the RGR321EX? I purchased it without playing and got a massive shock when it arrived - it rocked. Low setup, thin neck and pickups sound great. Only thing I don't like is the cheap painted stripe that runs round the guitar and neck, would have been much better as a solid colour, but its well priced, and it plays well + I don't like whammys.
Wizard necks kick ass, best neck i have ever played on a guitar, i might just save up for the RGR321 then.
Quote by Dave_Mc
are they? when?

do you have a link?

+1

I'm surprised, I don't think I've seen any mention of this on the JCF.
Rg
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
Chapman ML1.

Similar price to those but a much better guitar.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Confuse-a-Cat
+1

I'm surprised, I don't think I've seen any mention of this on the JCF.

neither have i
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Tom 1.0
Chapman ML1.

Similar price to those but a much better guitar.

The ml1's have been sold out for a while now.
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
You can get them 2nd hand and there are loads of B Stock ones left

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
If you live near Andertons Music you can get some New Chapman ML 1's...if you live in England as well
RG321EX

Better wood than that ESP
Wizard II neck is awesome . The GRG doesn't have a Wizard neck.
Infinity pickups are better than Powersound pickups.
Jumbo frets are easier to play on, but that's more of a personal preference
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Korean LTD M Seres?

I have an M-10 and replaced the pickups in it. Solid guitar and can't find nothing bad to say about it, and i can always find something to say about a guitar. The neck is my favorite as well
Quote by Dave_Mc
are they? when?

do you have a link?

Its not on the official website but I was talking to the Charvel dealer in "MorMusic" and they will be coming out late June, not much info yet, will be around £200/£300.

They plan to be used as modding projects, you are basically paying for a good body and neck, then just upgrade the pickups to fit your needs

Cool idea IMO

ah ok thanks
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I owned a Jackson DKMG with a floyd and reversed headstock; it was probably my best guitar.
Ibanez RG5EX1 around 400$ I think. Is that out of your price range?
Quote by Nelsean
The world needs more buttmonkeys.

Quote by Eddie4President
The Buttmonkey for best username, most intelligent posts of 21st century.
Quote by StewieSwan
Good. The world needs more of you.
Quote by The Buttmonkey
Ibanez RG5EX1 around 400$ I think. Is that out of your price range?

I could save, it looks the ideal guitar haha, were do they sell em', i could find anywhere..
A bit of a rarity but If you can find any one of them Ibanez RGR's itll be perfect. They pop up occasionally on ebay and other online places
http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=ibanez+rg5ex1&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Looks like $350 should net you a new one. These are actually pretty good, I own one. The pickups aren't terrible, and can get (somewhat) varied sounds. Probably due to the single coil. Neck pickup's a little muddy though. Despite what most people would say about the tremolo, my Edge III has held up pretty well in the long run. I've only noticed minimal corrosion and I've had it a couple of years. It absolutely stays in tune when set up well, but when you pull up on the bar (which isn't ALL that common) you may have to push down on it a bit after to get it to return to tune, but it's not that bad once you're used to it. The neck is a Wizard II, what is there more to say? It's on the skinny side, but there is enough to grip on to. I am starting to prefer assymmetrical necks, so I'm diggin' it less now then I did. You can get shockingly low action, but with 9s they buzz a bit (but only when super low. I think 10s would help them not buzz, remain low, and retain smallness. I haven't tried that yet however. Good upper fret access, but it's no RC7, so you can only reach the 23rd fret with absolutely no effort. 24th takes minal effort.

If you buy one, Ibanez better pay me commission. LOL

EDIT: Just noticed that you live in the UK. It may be WAY harder to find there, but I have no idea.
Quote by Nelsean
The world needs more buttmonkeys.

Quote by Eddie4President
The Buttmonkey for best username, most intelligent posts of 21st century.
Quote by StewieSwan
Good. The world needs more of you.
Last edited by The Buttmonkey at May 19, 2011,
Just wondering, why does the guitar have to be reversed headstock? Your really limiting your options when you put in that requrement.

I have the rg5ex1 and its a decent guitar now that ive replaced the pickups and blocked the trem (try to avoid edge iiis if you can), but if given another chance to buy a guitar, i would have bought a different one in that price range

if i were you i would go used, you can find some really nice guitars in your price range if you look on ebay, craigslist, etc
Quote by wolvenrick
I think black doom death metal is just plain stupid. go flame on me but i can't hear nothing but shit on those songs with everything in drop A or below. also it could've been without lyrics as you'd never hear them anyway.