Im in between 3 les paul :

1.)Gibson Custom 1968 Les Paul Custom 5A Quilt Top - http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibson-Custom-1968-Les-Paul-Custom-5A-Quilt-Top-Electric-Guitar-517642-i1149522.gc

2.)Gibson Custom ’57 Custom Les Paul Black Beauty - http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibson-Custom--57-Custom-Les-Paul-Black-Beauty-Electric-Guitar-102089877-i1149433.gc

3.)Gibson Custom 1968 Les Paul Custom Flame Top - http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibson-Custom-1968-Les-Paul-Custom-Flame-Top-Electric-Guitar-515527-i1795998.gc

Im thinking buying the Gibson Custom 1968 Les Paul Custom Flame Top

So please tell me what u think ur pros and cons
Thank you
i dont know what they are all like to play, but the Flame Tops look awesome
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top
Fender 300CE T-Bucket
Dean DOF ML [For Sale]
Marshall AVT 2000 valvestate
Ibanez modified turbo tube screamer
Digitech RP250
The antique natural or the tri-burst? Personally, I think there is no guitar more beautiful than a black Les Paul Custom, but without the Bigsby. Also, the reissue Black beauties are usually all mahogany, rather than mahogany body/ maple top construction.

Any of those guitars would serve you well and be quite an investment.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by FatalGear41
The antique natural or the tri-burst? Personally, I think there is no guitar more beautiful than a black Les Paul Custom, but without the Bigsby. Also, the reissue Black beauties are usually all mahogany, rather than mahogany body/ maple top construction.

Any of those guitars would serve you well and be quite an investment.

Triburst
3>2, so Black Beauty

Plus I love the look of that bound ebony fretboard and headstock on a black LP body.
I don't like any of those really, so I'm just gonna go.

However, if you want my personal favorite guitar, it's a 1980 Gibson Les Paul Custom Silverburst.

Just sayin.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
Quote by Chrisph
Triburst

I was looking at one of those in a nearby GC last Sunday. Truly a beautiful instrument.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Don't buy a guitar like that online. Those high-end Gibsons are all individual because of the way they're made and finished by hand. So you need to go to a shop and play them. You can't just guess at which one will be right for you. The weight and the necks especially can be totally different from what they look like they'll be online.
Try Eddie's Guitars if you're in the States (Talk to Brett and tell him I sent you).
He's been able to hand pick the best of the bunch for dozen's of MPL forum members (myself included) and if you tell him what you like (neck profile for eg) he can pick one out. Better prices than you'll ever get a GC or MF too.

BTW a 1968 was Gibsons first attempt at bringing back the LP Custom. If you are buying one now you're basically getting a Re-Issue of a non- accurate Re-Issue. Many people do love their 68's though so good luck.
Moving on.....
Last edited by KenG at May 16, 2011,
i'd say grab a nice production model and save yourself the 1000 dollars extra. eigther that or get something custom made by a luthier. unless you really want custom shop ofcourse!
Quote by grohl1987
Don't buy a guitar like that online. Those high-end Gibsons are all individual because of the way they're made and finished by hand. So you need to go to a shop and play them. You can't just guess at which one will be right for you. The weight and the necks especially can be totally different from what they look like they'll be online.

This.

You'd be an absolute fool to buy something like that online. The sound can vary a fair bit, some are more acoustic sounding as the wood isn't as dense because the tree grew faster or whatever. Even the same species of tree grows in different ways, therefore, the wood taken from it is gunna be different in every tree. The weight varies a lot. Two of the exact same guitar can be completely different. It's a bad idea to buy anything like that online.
Last edited by WholeLottaIzzy at May 16, 2011,
There's buying "on line" and there's buying remotely. I agree that to just order a guitar on line from GC or wherever is risky. Not as much with CS products vs USA as far as quality goes but there are really good vendors out there with people you can deal with one-on-one. Some have a reputation for satisfying their customers expectations. I had never bought sight unseen till I bought my R7. I choose a vendor with a stellar reputation and a proven documented history of providing gems to other members I could verify satisfaction with. I'm experienced enough to know what I want and what I want the seller to look for so I took a chance and was well rewarded.
All I'm saying here is don't confuse blindly buying online with talking to a quality vendor over the phone (with a name attached) and discussing what you want in a guitar. Believe it or not this happens more often than you'd realize. There's more and better vendors out there than the standard GC, MF etc with whom you do buy blindly and simply pick a guitar from their stock and send it out.
Moving on.....
Last edited by KenG at May 17, 2011,
Well... if you're willing ot drop 5k on a guitar there are a few things to consider...

- For the love of God, actually try out the guitar you're planning on buying. Don't order online. There's too much to risk. You don't know what it sounds like, and you might just end up with an overall dud of a guitar.

- For 5k there are plenty other guitars avalible. Not to jump on the "Gibosn hate wagon" but consider other things such as PRS and other companies. Cutsom guitars are also an option at that price.
I pride myself on my humility.
My advice.

I played once Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop one. It had a Brustbucker 2 and 3 pickups,some strange inlays,it was early custom shop. It had mahogany body and mahogany top with mahogany neck and ebony fretboard

I think this is the model - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8J_xhNaColk (Left,white model)

I would go with that model,I really don't remember all the details but hope it helps.

EDIT:

Between these 3,I would go with first one 'couse of 5A flame maple and '57 Classic which I really like.

Saint.
Last edited by Saint_Zg at May 18, 2011,