Hey guys!

A few days ago I posted a thread about a friend wantint a new amp head. Since he couldn't find any amp head that satisfied him and he would also have to buy a cab and things are expensive over here :p he decided between these 2 combo amps:

Vox AC15C1
Bugera V22

I'm sorry about before, feel free to recommend any other amps. Budget is $800

We play Metallica, Foo FIghters, Green Day and SOAD

Thanks
Gear:
LTD EC-50
Vypyr 30

Sanpera II funds: $206

Quote by JKHC
I know....in dumpsters, closets....what next? I'm going to stand outside for the rest of the day. Maybe a guitar will fall out of the sky and I can catch it.
Last edited by Output at May 17, 2011,
For that higher-gain stuff he'll do better with the Bugera. He'll need a distortion pedal either way, though (less so for the Bugera 'cause it's voiced for more distortion than the Vox is).
Gibson ES-137C
Parker P8EN
AC Custom Special P Bass
he's trying to get the same setup as Dave Grohl. He's gonna get a RAT pedal
Gear:
LTD EC-50
Vypyr 30

Quote by JKHC
I know....in dumpsters, closets....what next? I'm going to stand outside for the rest of the day. Maybe a guitar will fall out of the sky and I can catch it.
The Road King is WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY over budget!

Budget is: $800
Gear:
LTD EC-50
Vypyr 30

Quote by JKHC
Last edited by Output at May 16, 2011,
peavey xxx
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
The Bugera out of those two, but honestly, the XXX suggestion will suit much better.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
i realize that the XXX is much better. But haven't seen one neither in GC nor SamAsh and he'd have to buy a cab too. Which goes over budget.
Gear:
LTD EC-50
Vypyr 30

Quote by JKHC
Last edited by Output at May 16, 2011,
I have an AC15 and I LOVE it! That being said, I doubt you'll be able to get anything even close to Metallic and SOAD out of a Vox, and even I don't even think you'll be able to get anything too punky for the greenday sound. Grohl uses an AC30 for cleans, but I believe for the dirt he uses the Mesa. the Vox has great mids and highs and its really sweet and chimey; it has a little bit of dirt and sounds great for indie-rock/brit-rock or coupled with a delay. Unfortunately, it doesn't do heavy stuff that well. I've heard people say it can pull its own using the rat distortion, but I haven't tried it yet. I have a Fuzz Factory and Big Muff on my vox and it clamps the low end and kills my fuzzes. I haven't tried the Bugera but I've heard it can get heavier than the Vox. All in all, I think the Vox is a good investment if you want to find a musical sound to make your own, but it's not that versatile if you want to do exact covers of other bands (unless you get one of the Vox VT amps which are supposed to be great modelling amps... for what its worth)
Epi Sheraton II or MIA FSR strat > wah Q535 > fuzzface > Keeley C4 > Qtron > Whammy > Liquid Chorus > Triboost > Hotcake > BigMuff > Small Stone > VolumePlus > SpaceEcho > Cathedral Reverb > LoFi > MemoryMan > BYOC vibrato > DD-7 > Vox AC15 C1
If you're trying to get the same set up as Grohl it's a couple of Fender Super Twin heads and a couplle of Custom Audio Amplifier heads, attenuated through a THC Hotplate into a couple of (Fender?) 4x12s. That's what he's using on tour at the moment. His pedal board is a couple of Boss TU-2 (one for electric and one for acoustic), an MXR phase 90 and a Boss DD-3 and then just the channel switches for his amps.

The old setup was the Mesa Road King into 2x12 and 4x12 cabs. Prior to that he used Dual Rectifiers for the overdrive and distortion sounds and a Vox AC30 for the cleaner parts. The first album was a JCM900 into a 4x12 and a ProCo Rat to get the extra distortion.

Not being a douche, just saying...
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
Why are you limiting yourself to only 2 amps, that just plain stupid, and neither of them are good for what you want out of em.
Quote by travs2448
is the puppy solid state or tube?

Quote by diceksox1809
solid state. when she screams it pisses me off

^

Quote by GrizzlyFnAdams6
Dimebag had s*** tone and that guitar plays like an abortion. Come at me, bro!

Quote by jpatan
It's because Garth Brooks brings the ****in' br00tz.
Id make him sit in front of a marshall tsl combo and tell him to like it. but out of the two id take the crate.
Quote by greeny23
douche.

Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
For Metallica, Foo, Green Day and SOAD I was going to recommend a different amp. But because he is not interested in that, I won't.

Your.... friend doesn't seem too bright...
Quote by Output
The Road King is WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY over budget!

Budget is: $800

Oh, his budget's that much? For that much he could get a Bugera Trirec or Magician. Dave Grohl tone = Mesa. Trirec and Magician = Mesa Clones. Probably the closest you're going to get.
Gibson ES-137C
Parker P8EN
AC Custom Special P Bass
Daves actually using Hiwatt at the current moment, so NER!

Pats using peavey 6505+

Unsure on Chris... THINK Marshall and/or Mesa but don't hold me to it...

But.... Don't limit yourself two amps when there's many MANY more out there better suited
Quote by Spaztikko
Imagine the part of the ballsack where occasionally old poo sticks to the pubes and hardens, and you then have to pull out, but as an amp. That's an MG.

Greatest quote of all time?

I think so...
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
For Metallica, Foo, Green Day and SOAD I was going to recommend a different amp. But because he is not interested in that, I won't.

YOU made me feel bad

Feel free to recommend any other amps guys, I'll try to tell him about them.

Sorry
Gear:
LTD EC-50
Vypyr 30

Quote by JKHC
Quote by InanezGuitars44

you broke the rules of this thread by suggesting a different amp
mojostompboxes.com
Quote by MickAlmighty

Pats using peavey 6505+

But.... Don't limit yourself two amps when there's many MANY more out there better suited

Chris is using a Vox AC30 and a Bassman 59(RI?)
And as someone said further up, dave is using the Tonemaster (not super twins) and CAA heads as his nearly always on amps.

To be honest Dave's sound isnt really that amazing or out there.
He just has a clean, light OD and then an heavy gain sound, you should be able to get something fairly close with any number of amps
Quote by MickAlmighty

Pats using peavey 6505+

The HiWatt is a recording amp and apparently rarely leaves the studios.