BALLS.. I posted this in the wrong sub-forum, right? Could someone kindly move it to the Guitars sub-forum? Sorry!

I didnt want to buy a serious 'new' guitar so I took my friends old Westfield Goldtop Les Paul give it a bit of a setup and slapped new strings on it and he sold me it for cheapppp.

I'm a Strat/Tele player, I just wanted a Goldtop Les Paul for a HH setup to use at home really.

It sounds pretty good and interestingly it's not a standard scale Les Paul, it's a 25" strat scale neck that also bolts on.

It's nice too look at. Cream/Gold/Silver is sexy.

Das bolt on neck?!

Sadface

Note: I do have a Truss-rod cover, I just forgot to put it back on.

The guitar plays good because of the longer/strat-like neck and it's much thinner than a standard Les Paul is.. I don't feel cramped and squashed when I play it. It sounds ok.. as good as a copy could. The pickups are "Super 500" if that means anything. They sound OK to me but I probably can't rely on this as a serious guitar.

The name puts me off too.. Westfield.. they just shout out "cheap crap!" but what the hell.
Sparrow Twangmaster Telecaster
G&L Legacy Stratocaster

Korg Pitchblack > Fuzz Face > Tubescreamer -> Crybaby -> Modded SD-1 -> Big Muff -> Phaser -> El Capistan -> TS-1 Tremolo/Stereo-Pan

Vox VT20+
Last edited by WhoDooVooDoo at May 16, 2011,
not bad for cheap like

dare i ask how cheap?
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Then I'll have a nice sanded gash on the headstock and people will just know I sanded it off to hide the cheap name.

Dempsey, I got it for £40 :p
G&L Legacy Stratocaster

Korg Pitchblack > Fuzz Face > Tubescreamer -> Crybaby -> Modded SD-1 -> Big Muff -> Phaser -> El Capistan -> TS-1 Tremolo/Stereo-Pan

Vox VT20+
how cheap dude
Quote by bluestratplayer
Im going to initial the back of every MG in guitarcenter "ZW" and see how many threads come out thinking Zakk Wylde owned thier amp.
Quote by Tanglewoodguit
Just me and rhino will end in the extinction of a species.
strats have a 25.5 scale length. a 25 inch is closer to a les paul scale length than a strat.

looks great for the price providing it plays nice.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Cheap guitars are the most fun - throw 'em around, slap stickers on them, whatever. Nice buy!
Quote by gregs1020
strats have a 25.5 scale length. a 25 inch is closer to a les paul scale length than a strat.

looks great for the price providing it plays nice.

It's 25.5 - I thought it was just common to shorten "Strat" scale to 25 and Les Paul 24.

It is a 25.5 scale, sorry :p
G&L Legacy Stratocaster

Vox VT20+