I hate tremelos on Stratocasters. My playing style doesn't call for it enough to bother with it and I've never seen one yet that will stay in tune without adding a locking nut, etc. Question: Does anyone out there know how to properly block a Stratocaster tremolo. Somebody told me something about jamming a small piece of wood into the mechanism on the back of the guitar, but the instructions were vague and I don't want to damage anything else on my axe.
Never mind the Dawg . . . Beware of Owner!!
That's very helpful. I'll try that. Thanks!!
Never mind the Dawg . . . Beware of Owner!!
It also helps to add in all five springs and tighten them a lot. Just helps add to the sustain and ensures that whatever you jammed into the guitar isn't going to slip.
Quote by obeythepenguin
One more tip with the pennies: try to stack them first, then put the whole stack in. The trick's really tuning the guitar, since the pennies will be loose until you start adding string tension. I use .013's, so I'm not sure how well it works with lighter strings.

It shouldn't have a very dramatic difference, just do what's mentionned above and you'll do fine TS
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
'97 Fender Cali Series Strat
?? Samick Bass
'01 Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
Just tighten/add springs at the back of the trem and remove the arm, that will effectively disable it.
My Gear:
Suzuki Classical Guitar from 60s
B.C. Rich Warlock
Epiphone Les Paul Junior
Monterey Steel String Acoustic
Maton M255 Steel String Acoustic
Agile AL-3100 w/ EMG 81/85
Bugera 6262-212
Quote by grohl1987
It also helps to add in all five springs and tighten them a lot. Just helps add to the sustain and ensures that whatever you jammed into the guitar isn't going to slip.

That's what I did with mine. Instead of pennies I used old cut up Magic: The Gathering cards though. It's great, my tuning never messes up because of the bridge.
Yes, I'm from California, yes I like Hockey, no I do not like the Ducks, yes I like the Kings!
9v battery with 1 wrap of electrical tape around it fit perfect on mine. The tape was more for incase the battery corroded. It was a dead battery so therefore even cheaper than the pennies.
YA GOTTA HIT IT ON THE ONE
pics of gear updated on profile 11/16/09