the guitar has a standard tuning but when I push down even on the first fret the tuner reads a ~ +20 cents sharp......and as I go down the neck it gets worse.... sharper and sharped... though the high e string seems to be less prone to this than the other strings
the bridge of my strat is as low as it can be....
what do you recommend?
Quote by struguri
the bridge of my strat is as low as it can be....

Quote by kaneorsomething
What guitar do you have?

In any case, he's right about adjusting the intonation at the bridge saddles.
"Words"
Just As I Am

MD PRS Style Semi-Hollow
Epiphone Les Paul Classic
Mesa Dual Rectifier
2x12 Celestion 30's
Kustom 200
8x10 EMC's
Quote by datgnat
In any case, he's right about adjusting the intonation at the bridge saddles.

Is the implication you are making that all strats, copies, fenders, squiers, etc have exactly the same bridge? I was just being thorough.
yep
Quote by kaneorsomething
Is the implication you are making that all strats, copies, fenders, squiers, etc have exactly the same bridge? I was just being thorough.

Nah, I'm just sassing you cause you probably could have been more specific to ask what kind of bridge it had
"Words"
Just As I Am

MD PRS Style Semi-Hollow
Epiphone Les Paul Classic
Mesa Dual Rectifier
2x12 Celestion 30's
Kustom 200
8x10 EMC's
you know I was saying that the high e string doesn't have the intonation so far off than the other strings BUT at the 12 fret it is only about ~5 cents sharp WHILE at the first fret is sharp by ~ 20 cents, somewhat getting sharper as you move from 12th to 1st rather than the other 5 strings (which all go sharper from 1 fret to 12 fret to 21 more )
Is it possible that the guitar is bowed a little at the neck in the direction of the strings pulling?

I moved the saddles as far as I could from the neck (close to the bridge) ; they won't go any further and the intonation is still sharp.
What's the matter? Any other adjustment I can make?
Last edited by struguri at May 17, 2011,