Hi all!

I have been using UG for a long time now! But it is the first time I'm on the forums.

I came here with a question. I am a 16 year old guitarist and thought maybe I can do some covers. But the question is: Am I good enough now?

I have a video HERE

Please check it out, and tell me what Im doing good, and what I'm doing wrong. The sound is bad but I am buying a new amplifier soon! (This one is 10 years old). I will make a better cover with better sound somewhere this week, if I'm good enough to make covers...

Please like it if it is near good!

Hope I get some good advice here!
Last edited by CoversAndLesson at May 16, 2011,
I Didn't watch the whole video (only the first minute or so). But from what I saw, It looked easy, and you were playing decent. So I'd say you're good enough to cover any song that you can comfortably play, but I'm no Expert.
Quote by thrashdeth
I Didn't watch the whole video (only the first minute or so). But from what I saw, It looked easy, and you were playing decent. So I'd say you're good enough to cover any song that you can comfortably play, but I'm no Expert.

Thank you, these sort of comments is what I hoped to see

But you don't need to be an expert, people will watch this to 'maybe' learn and thus no expert, so I'm glad you said that!
are you singing?
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Quote by OliOsbourne
are you singing?

No, I thought that I would probably get hated when I sing lol. I don't think I have the voice to sing (I guess) :P
I would change the angle of the camera so that we see more guitar and less room ;D
It's always good to show you'r picking hand.

And maby turn the volume of the guitar down abit

But overall its pretty good.

ps Awesome Southpark poster!
There's no reason not to go for it. You'll get some solid advice, and the usual YouTube douchebags will flame you. And once you get better you can start a new channel if you like.

I just don't think you should try lessons just yet. Just do covers and get a bit better.
Quote by TTeddybear
I would change the angle of the camera so that we see more guitar and less room ;D
It's always good to show you'r picking hand.

And maby turn the volume of the guitar down abit

But overall its pretty good.

ps Awesome Southpark poster!

Ok, I wil change angle, I don't know why I didn't film my picking hand :P

And thanks glad to know you like it
Quote by trueamerican
There's no reason not to go for it. You'll get some solid advice, and the usual YouTube douchebags will flame you. And once you get better you can start a new channel if you like.

I just don't think you should try lessons just yet. Just do covers and get a bit better.

Yes people will probably flame, I'm prepared for that lol. And lessons can always come later, no need to rush.
You're doing pretty good, just need practice. Practice on your chord changes.

It's all muscle memory and work in your pinky.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+