Im 16 and really want to write my own songs. unfortunately i cant seem to write lyrics...

Like i write stuff and then throw it away or think its crap i dont know where to start or how to go about writing. any ideas or tips?
It'll come. You just need some sort of emotional impetus; don't write just for the sake of writing or you'll just be miserable & get nowhere. Personally I keep a journal; I never really write with the intent of having a structured song, I just write something that describes my current emotions towards things I see. I just write phrases I like, usually until all the white space is filled up on my paper, then I start on another page, and if I get a word or phrase that fits with one previously written, I can somewhat begin a structure.
So, that's really my advice: write based off your emotions. And get a journal or a spiral notebook, it helps alot.
Quote by Jackal58
I eat dead meat all the time. You don't have to chase it around your plate and it doesn't try to peck your eyes out.

It Happens.

My Gear:

-Custom Fender MIM Black Strat
-Mesa/Boogie Rect-O-Verb
-Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
first, try make a melody or guitar part.
then, pick something to sing about, some are harder than others.
after that, write your first line, then expand on it.
choose a chorus wisely.
google - rhyming dictionary if your stuck for words.
share it with people and see what they think.
tell them to be honest as long as your not offended if they dont like it.

HOW IS THAT FOR TIPS?
Quote by Lee Makky
first, try make a melody or guitar part.
then, pick something to sing about, some are harder than others.
after that, write your first line, then expand on it.
choose a chorus wisely.
google - rhyming dictionary if your stuck for words.
share it with people and see what they think.
tell them to be honest as long as your not offended if they dont like it.

HOW IS THAT FOR TIPS?

i can write meoldys and harmonys that are pretty catchy i just cant write lyrics
read the rules. check out our S&L Techniques sub-forum, read the stickies and some of the threads around there, if you still have some questions, feel free to repost this in the CORRECT section.

*closed*