Page 1 of 22
**DISCLAIMER!!! DO NOT LOOK AT INSANE MAFIA TO GET AN IDEA OF HOW THIS GAME IS PLAYED!!!**

Okay guys, the guys on the UG mafia group wanted to start this up to get more people to join. This is a game where you guys will be able to learn how to play so you can decide if you want to join the group.
The game is fairly simple. This game will have two teams, Scum team, and Town team. If you are town your goal is to eliminate all members of the scum team. Town will have green players and blue players. The green players are known as vanilla townies, and they have to try to lynch the scum team. You are allowed to talk in this thread to try to weed out the scum players.
To make it easier to catch scum you have the blue team. The blue team is town aligned with town, and they are allowed to vote for a lynch as well. The blue roles are designed to help town rid themselves of scum. I will explain all of the blue roles later on in the post.

Scum team has to get rid of the town players to win. If you are scum team your goal is to kill as many townies as possible, and to keep yourselves alive. Your team will have a godfather that will PM me your kill choices. I'll explain these roles better in a moment.

These are the mechanics for the game:
12 players.
6 vanilla townies. You guys are trying to eliminate the scum team. Every day phase you will vote for who you think is most likely to be scum. I will probably make another thread for this to explain how voting is handled.

3 blue roles. Blue roles are town aligned.There are three different roles that I will be using for this. They all get a vote, and their job is to weed out scum. The roles are as follows:

Medic. The medic can protect one player per night. If a player is protected they will survive if they're shot.

Detective. The detective can investigate one player every night. The detective will learn the alignment of that player, and has to try to get that person lynched if they're red.

Vigilante. You're a townie with a gun. You have one shot, and you must try to kill scum with it. Be very careful because you can hit a green.

Scum team. The scum team must try to eliminate the townies. There will be three players on the scum team, and their abilities are as follows.

Godfather. The godfather is the leader of the scum team. I will pick the godfather and that player will be informed of their role in the role PM. The godfather has 1kp.
The godfather will PM me every night phase with the scum teams kill choices.

Mafia goon. You are just a normal mafia member. You are given .5 kp, and I'll explain
more on this in a moment.

Roleblocker. You are a drug dealer. Every night you pick a player, and they will get stoned so they won't be able to use any ability that night. Players will be informed of being roleblocked whether they use an action or not. You add .5 kp to the scum team.

Kill point is what I mean by KP. That is the amount of shots that they have every night.
The way the scum kp work is that they're rounded up. So lets say town lynches the godfather, and the goon and roleblocker are still alive. The scum team will have only 1 kp left after this. Now lets say the goon is killed, and the others remain alive. The mafia team will have 1.5 kp which will be rounded up to 2kp. If GF and the goon/role blocker are killed then there will be .5kp for scum team. This will be rounded up to 1kp.

This game is only for people that have never played on here before. If you want to play you will type /In or /Join in here.

There will be 12 players, and I will edit this post with the player list once people start joining.
The game is divided into phases. There will be a 48 hour day phase, and a 24 hour night phase.
Tanglewoodguit will be cohosting this game with me.
There will be 4 coaches to help you guys along with game play. Coagulation, Jackal58, Mac2322, and Chaos13.

This is question colour. Use it if you have any questions about game mechanics.

This is my colour for answering game related questions.
This is Tanglewoodguits colour for answering questions.

You are not allowed to edit posts. If you are caught editing you will be modkilled.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Last edited by IRISH_PUNK13 at May 17, 2011,
Player list

*Shadowenspirit
*Geebz
*Ghostmastery
*JamSessionFreak
*LastSlayerKing
*Thrashtastic15
*rhino1957
*charby19
*PeZ546
*Tanglewoodguit
*redff
*Due07
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Last edited by IRISH_PUNK13 at May 18, 2011,
make a tl;dr and I'm in
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
Please don't post in here unless you're serious about playing, spam really spoils the flow of the game. Thanks
Quote by Lord Waltaa
make a tl;dr and I'm in

Bolded and resized to make sure everyone with similar thoughts sees this:

If you want a tl;dr, this game is not for you.
Last edited by LordBishek at May 16, 2011,
Yeah, if you're not ready to read a bit, then this isn't the kind of thing for you.

This is a psychological game, so if you're the kind of person who can spot when someone is talking out of their ass to cover for themselves or if you like to analyze people, you're going to love this game.
My signature lacks content. It is, however, blue.
Quote by Tanglewoodguit
Thanks Ash

Cj has annoyingly gone offline now, all questions to me

Ta, didn't know this was going on, otherwise I'd have offered to help. If you need more help, let me know.
I'd love to join, but I'm in the middle of my final exams.. I am sure as hell joining the group though!
Quote by lockedandlogan
Let me get this straight. You're asking a bunch of people who are sitting at their computers, likely due to boredom, what to do for fun.

Quote by GaijinFoot
Old chinese proverb says: Man goes to bed with itchy bum, wakes up with smelly finger

Wise words
This looks like absolute balls.

Forum games lived and died in the 1990s and people should really have accepted this by now.
ultimate-guitar is for idiots.
Quote by firetothemax

Forum games lived and died in the 1990s and people should really have accepted this by now.

hey bro suck my dick. There are plenty of active mafia forums, just because you are dumb and can't read, doesn't mean that this game isn't awesome and fun.
Quote by firetothemax

If you don't want to play, nobody's forcing you to. Just don't spoil this thread for people who want to or might want to.
Its not gonna get any TLDRer than this.

Mafia Is a deep game in theory but incredibly simple in practice. The game is based around a powerful dynamic of the uninformed majority battling the informed minority.
The Majority team will be Town. However the Town team will not know who else is town and who is Mafia. They will be forced to rely on their own judgments and instincts when trying to expose the hidden Mafia players pretending to be town. There will be a couple town players who are special. They get a role. They are called Blues. Blues help town kill scum.

The Remaining 3 players will be Mafia. Mafia will try to blend into the town and kill them all without being exposed. Mafia will know who each other are.

The Game starts on Day 1 Town And Mafia will be required to selectively lynch 1 player by typing ##Lynch Playername in thread. After 48 hours a Lynch is chosen and That player will be killed and His role Revealed And the Night cycle will begin.

Night cycle Is the part in the game where Mafia and Blues with a night action get to pm how they want to use them to the host. After Night cycle ends All actions will be revealed to the thread. any people who died will then be flipped. After that Day starts again and everyone chooses a person to vote for a lynch.

Scum team has to get rid of the town players to win. If you are scum team your goal is to kill as many townies as possible, and to keep yourselves alive.
Quote by LordBishek
If you don't want to play, nobody's forcing you to. Just don't spoil this thread for people who want to or might want to.

If a poster is put off of a forum game by a little criticism then I'd question their commitment to said game in the first place. Deal with it.
Quote by firetothemax
If a poster is put off of a forum game by a little criticism then I'd question their commitment to said game in the first place. Deal with it.

The fact that you had to come into this thread in the first place just shows what a pathetic person you are.
Quote by Tanglewoodguit
The fact that you had to come into this thread in the first place just shows what a pathetic person you are.

Alternatively, it was on the front page.

I will live for many more minutes; typing things on ultimate-guitar takes up precious few of those.
firetothemax No need to flame. If you dont want to play thats fine. But the negativity is uncalled for.
Quote by firetothemax

YOu called something we enjoy to play dumb and said it died in the 90's. THat's not criticism that's just being a dick, go **** yourself brah. T

On the other hand, Don't be shy people. We want new players and i guarantee everyone who plays mafia will be more than happy to help you with any questions you may have. This game is really, really fun. Yes it requires a little work, but it is worth it!

If anyone wants to learn more, read this
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=147475
its a huuge analysis of a game on another forum. It was the thing that first enticed me into playing mafia. It's a great read and i recommend it.
Quote by firetothemax

No, you missed my point. You're taking up valuable thread estate. I would have said the same thing to you if you were spamming with: "OMG FORUM GAMES R00LZ"

So frankly, I couldn't care less about your opinion on forum games. But if you're not going to post something that helps the game, don't fucking post at all, savvy?

Additionally, you weren't criticising, you were just bitching. If you're going to criticise, do it constructively, or not at all.
Last edited by LordBishek at May 16, 2011,
Omg Forum G@mes R00lz!!
Quote by Mattron2000
Shadowenspirit,
Developmental Tamer.
Shadowenspirit,
Ancient Sandwich Crafter

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it.

-Voltaire

So it is written.
Quote by Shadowenspirit
Omg Forum G@mes R00lz!!

That's an in. Tangle, sign Shadowen up. She'll make a good player.
Quote by redFF
hey bro suck my dick. There are plenty of active mafia forums, just because you are dumb and can't read, doesn't mean that this game isn't awesome and fun.

OMGUS

##VOTE redff
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by LordBishek
That's an in. Tangle, sign Shadowen up. She'll make a good player.

Ugh fine I'll play. But mark my words Lord Pishek I will have my revenge.

Quote by Mattron2000
Shadowenspirit,
Developmental Tamer.
Shadowenspirit,
Ancient Sandwich Crafter

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it.

-Voltaire

So it is written.
Last edited by Shadowenspirit at May 16, 2011,
Quote by LordBishek
No, you missed my point. You're taking up valuable thread estate. I would have said the same thing to you if you were spamming with: "OMG FORUM GAMES R00LZ"

So frankly, I couldn't care less about your opinion on forum games. But if you're not going to post something that helps the game, don't fucking post at all, savvy?

Additionally, you weren't criticising, you were just bitching. If you're going to criticise, do it constructively, or not at all.

Thread estate is a fiction, and a spurious one at that. Grow up.

For someone who doesn't care about my opinions RE: forum games you are taking quite the concern in them. I'm mildly against them but that shouldn't deter you from engaging with them, champ. Stop clogging the threads with arguments and get 'em going.

Quote by redFF
YOu called something we enjoy to play dumb and said it died in the 90's. THat's not criticism that's just being a dick, go **** yourself brah. T

Just because I said something died in the 90s doesn't make it so. It's a forum not a religious tract. I'm equally as authoritative as you in the eyes of whatever grand internet arbiter dictates what lives and dies so why don't you shut the hell up and start enjoying yourself?
Quote by firetothemax
Thread estate is a fiction, and a spurious one at that. Grow up.

For someone who doesn't care about my opinions RE: forum games you are taking quite the concern in them. I'm mildly against them but that shouldn't deter you from engaging with them, champ. Stop clogging the threads with arguments and get 'em going.

Just because I said something died in the 90s doesn't make it so. It's a forum not a religious tract. I'm equally as authoritative as you in the eyes of whatever grand internet arbiter dictates what lives and dies so why don't you shut the hell up and start enjoying yourself?

You're right. We don't care about your opinions. I don't really know what gave you the impression that we or anyone else would. So if you have nothing to post...can you leave us in peace, please?
Quote by LordBishek
You're right. We don't care about your opinions. I don't really know what gave you the impression that we or anyone else would. So if you have nothing to post...can you leave us in peace, please?

I sure can! Internet etiquette recommends a reply, though, so here I go:

The fact that your posts demonstrated a modicum of effort and attention gave me belief that 'care' was involved. Impression of care=care in the eyes of the recipient, apparently. If you don't care then don't reply. I'm not fussed either way but other UG denizens are potentially less tranquil.

Either way, enjoy your Mafia.
Quote by firetothemax

The fact that your posts demonstrated a modicum of effort and attention gave me belief that 'care' was involved. Impression of care=care in the eyes of the recipient, apparently. If you don't care then don't reply. I'm not fussed either way but other UG denizens are potentially less tranquil.

I don't know why you posted in the thread. Are you trying to prove you are some clever ass internet user who can use long words like etiquette and make fun of other people's interests? If so, congratulations! You are a fag!
Quote by redFF
I don't know why you posted in the thread. Are you trying to prove you are some clever ass internet user who can use long words like etiquette and make fun of other people's interests? If so, congratulations! You are a fag!

+1 Epic fagottry is at work here.
Quote by Mattron2000
Shadowenspirit,
Developmental Tamer.
Shadowenspirit,
Ancient Sandwich Crafter

-Voltaire

So it is written.
Quote by redFF

Hooray! A fag at last! Err, thanks, I guess! Etiquette isn't a particularly long word ('interests' is just as long as 'etiquette' by the way so GO YOU).
Quote by firetothemax

Thanks. Let me make this explicitly clear. I'm not just replying to you when I type these posts. I am aware that "SHUT UP NO U SHUT UP NO U SHUT UP" posting isn't really helpful in most situations. I'm replying because knowing the pit, you're certainly not the only person who's going to come and say something like you did in here - there are, I'm sure, many other posters who seek to enlighten us about their negative opinions about the game. I'm hoping that THIS line of conversation is read and understood by others who seek to make their irrelevant opinions known.

We. Don't. Care. About. Your. Opinion. Stop wasting your breath, stop spamming our thread and go somewhere else. What we DO care about is spam cluttering our thread - so please. If you don't want to play, or don't like playing - that's fine. You're entitled to your opinion, but pretty please, don't be a dick and spoil our thread on purpose. You're only embarrassing yourself.
Quote by LordBishek
Thanks. Let me make this explicitly clear. I'm not just replying to you when I type these posts. I am aware that "SHUT UP NO U SHUT UP NO U SHUT UP" posting isn't really helpful in most situations. I'm replying because knowing the pit, you're certainly not the only person who's going to come and say something like you did in here - there are, I'm sure, many other posters who seek to enlighten us about their negative opinions about the game. I'm hoping that THIS line of conversation is read and understood by others who seek to make their irrelevant opinions known.

We. Don't. Care. About. Your. Opinion. Stop wasting your breath, stop spamming our thread and go somewhere else. What we DO care about is spam cluttering our thread - so please. If you don't want to play, or don't like playing - that's fine. You're entitled to your opinion, but pretty please, don't be a dick and spoil our thread on purpose. You're only embarrassing yourself.

A much better reply than I was expecting. This is my last reply to you - have a nice life, enjoy your game.
How much time is required to play? If it's one post per day and reading the other peoples post's I am in....
Quote by Yakult
Shooting mice is the equivalent to smoking weed: it's fun and seemingly harmless, but before you know it, you're shooting smack into every vein and murdering children left right and center.

GeEbZ.
Quote by Geebz
How much time is required to play? If it's one post per day and reading the other peoples post's I am in....

A fair amount. It can get involved. I recommend you set aside at least 30-40 min time for average play. This is a very fun, but very intensive game.
Quote by Geebz

1 post a day is fine as long as your reading and contributing with the post.
Quote by Geebz

If you can dedicate a good 10-20 minutes every day to it, you should have no problem.
My signature lacks content. It is, however, blue.