i need advice on something i consider a very complicated social situation

here's the situation

i was good friends with some guys when we were all like 13,14,15,16, then one day i moved, but not too far, only like 8 miles away or something. Back then i didnt have a car, well, i still dont have one, so i kind of stopped having contact with them. They're the coolest people i've ever spent time with in my life, summers at the beach and going out some nights was awesome, yet i took all that for granted, and i really didnt do much to stay in contact with them. Now we are all around 20 and they still remain friends, they're 4 guys who are real good friends, they have a LOT of other friends too but that group of 4 always remained unchanged, we were 5 really good friends until i left.
They are all really REALLY popular and very 'socially successful', and they're very good ppl too, sometimes i wonder why this guys would hang out with me so much back then if i was so careless and not really a good person now that i think about it.

I went on facebook (i do have a facebook account but i barely use it and it's pretty much empty, that's why i dont add them) to see what was up with them and saw their pics and all that, and it feels like nothing changed, they had photos of them at the beach and out at night and doing fun stuff and camping and girls and drinking and all that summer fun, really took me back.

Since we stopped being friends i pretty much have had only 1 really good friend, who is my best friend since we were little kids and he'll always be probably, and I didn't really meet anymore people i could call friends, so basically now i only have 1 very good friend.

MY QUESTION IS, should i send a message to one of these old friends saying something like "hey dude what's been up, i was thinking, next time you all get together how about u hit me up and i show up there, i feel like it would b cool to see all u guys again and see what's been up"
something like that.... i kinda think they would reply and b glad to see me cuz they're really good ppl, and remembering old times is a cool thing. What i really want is go back to the group, like a new chance u kno, being part of that again, i want that. do u think it's a good idea? dont just say yes or no, tell me what u really think

also ive been kinda depressed and lonely for the last 2 years of my life, but i got a lot to offer, im fun to be around i like working out and doing outdoor stuff, i like drinking going out at night chicks all that shit and im really damn good at guitar, lol

oh AND, if u dont have anything helpful, or at least not hateful to say just gtfo please thanks.
Kill someone that's not in their inner circle, but is still really close to them, and wear their skin. Worked for Buffalo Bill.

EDIT: Seriously, you can't go wrong with trying to contact them. Just say hi, don't try to like, overpower them with YOU. Make friends slowly, then hope they'll realize why you were all friends to begin with.
Well sounds like you really want to, and if they're as nice as you say they are, i see no reason why they would not welcome you back.

You have nothing to lose by contacting them, you will only lose by not contacting them.
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
Quote by L2112Lif
Kill someone that's not in their inner circle, but is still really close to them, and wear their skin. Worked for Buffalo Bill.

EDIT: Seriously, you can't go wrong with trying to contact them. Just say hi, don't try to like, overpower them with YOU. Make friends slowly, then hope they'll realize why you were all friends to begin with.

LOL

cool edit btw
Last edited by Cocolate at May 16, 2011,
if you don't try and take opportunities like this you'll end up regretting it.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
instead of that long thing you posted, just say something like, "hey, it's been a while, let's all hang out together again."
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

All of the above, just dont repeat that 2nd last paragraph to them
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
No dude, I don't wanna hang out with you anymore. You should have stayed in contact.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by PanamaJack666
What you really need is a new amp.

i know right
Quote by FrauVfromPoB
Do it. Don't get all sappy and lonely on them, and don't straight up invite yourself along, just say hi. They'll probably invite you along themselves.

what if they dont invite me. i was thinking of saying something like that so that it's obvious i wanna see them. They kinda have a lot more 'power' in this situation too cuz theyre all fine and good and im the one who got lonely and is asking to get back in the group kinda... im not paranoid or anything, its just how it is
Quote by Cocolate
what if they dont invite me. i was thinking of saying something like that so that it's obvious i wanna see them. They kinda have a lot more 'power' in this situation too cuz theyre all fine and good and im the one who got lonely and is asking to get back in the group kinda... im not paranoid or anything, its just how it is

just ask if you can come along, if they say yes they say yes, if they make an excuse chances are they don't want to be with you, man. better than living with regrets.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Quote by Cocolate

if you were best friends, why wouldn't they invite you? buy them a round of beers off the bat and you'll be in the circle again.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

I agree with the others, dont appear needy or anything or try too hard to fit in with them.

Just send them a message, heck just ask if they want to meet up for a drink to catch up. Or just try to hang out with one of them and then move gradually back into the group if it goes well. Its not that hard and they probably would lvoe to hear from you again.
Quote by Mattron2000
Shadowenspirit,
Developmental Tamer.
Shadowenspirit,
Ancient Sandwich Crafter

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it.

-Voltaire

So it is written.
what is afriend in this nday and age, is reality really real?
DOO EET!

Seriously: you've got nothing to lose!
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
If they're nice guys like you make them out to be, everything will go fine and they'll accept you back into their circle.
Quote by JD.15
what is afriend in this nday and age, is reality really real?

yes it's real dont worry
Definately do it man, there's no reason they'd turn you down. I'll tell ya my awkward situation, one of my best friends from school comes out of prison around Christmas this year after 2 and a half years and he'll probably want to hang out with me. I can't be arsed with the little twerp but some of my friends have stayed in contact with him.
I did the same. I left NYC at 18 and left all my childhood friends behind. I kept contact with one really good friend who was my best friend and lost most of the others. I got a Facebook and I found each and every one of my childhood buddies, as well as close school mates and family friends. Now im in constant contact with them, and im most recently looking to visit the lot of them.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
i say contact them but dont expect it to be the same. i have a friend who was like a brother but he takes off and moves all over and it gets annoying sometimes because when he comes back he wants everything the way it was. he goes off for months or years at a time. when he finally makes it back he seems dissapointed because its not all partying all the time.