Hello there.

I am looking at low wattage tube amps that I could use for my bedroom playing. I don't need a big amp.

Does anyone know about the Vox AC4TV ?

Can it play stuff like The Strokes ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfDTkxV-X2w
(If you are unfamiliar with them)

Thanks!!!
Last edited by alans056 at May 16, 2011,
It could. On their current tour, one guitarist uses a Fender Super Sonic Half Stack, and the other uses two Hiwatt heads. The Fender user being the lead, Hiwatt user usually playing rhythm. But according to your sig, you would be happier with an English voiced amp.
Guitars:
Gibson SG Standard with Bigsby
Gibson Custom ES-137
Gibson Custom 54' Les Paul VOS Goldtop
Gretsch G6129T Silver Jet
1968 Harmony Rocket H75

Amps:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe (modded)
1970 Fender Twin Reverb (blackfaced)

If it operates anything like my AC15, then yeah it should man. While the Strokes are an American band and used Fender amps in the beginning, they're style of music is very brit-rock/indie-rock, so I think a low-gain British-voiced amp would be right up your alley, especially for interpol, arctic monkeys, and franz ferdinand.
Epi Sheraton II or MIA FSR strat > wah Q535 > fuzzface > Keeley C4 > Qtron > Whammy > Liquid Chorus > Triboost > Hotcake > BigMuff > Small Stone > VolumePlus > SpaceEcho > Cathedral Reverb > LoFi > MemoryMan > BYOC vibrato > DD-7 > Vox AC15 C1
tested one last week.

i tried the combo. not that i wanted to, but i was testing a pedal and i asked to plug into a tube. i had a p90 les paul. good sounding amp. vox chime, good crunch. single channel, very responsive. no EQ but tone control worked well.

gain and guitar volume was VERY resonsive. you can easily go clean or crunch with very sinsitive ajustments. the 1/4 to 4 watts made a huge difference. if you want grit to go to 1/4 watt with humbuckers or p90s. man. straight dirty blues.

i do have to say the vox 2 watt night train is FAR better, but its more expensive
I would definitely go for the head and cab version; the combo sounds a little weak with the 10in speaker (I made that mistake and wish I could get the head and cab).

The amp will do a pretty decent strokes tone, especially since it's not too hard to emulate their sound. It'll also do a good Arctic Monkeys and can sing the dirty rock(think lenny kravitz), but you won't get bell like cleans.
Gold jacket, green jacket, who gives a shit?

vht special 6 might be a better call for strokes tones
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I can't say exactly what song, but in their interview in Guitar World they talked about using the AC4TV on a specific solo from a song on their new album. I say go for it, they're great amps.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
It should be pretty alright for strokes. And as Superman08 said in a recent issue their longer haired guitarist said they recorded a solo with it on their latest album.
Current Gear:
Mexican Fender Telecaster
Robert Smith custom Jazzmaster
Stratocaster
Vox AC4TV