Guys I'm interested in a 30 watt amp made in England by Laney. What is the quality of Laney's that are made in England? Maybe they don't even have a budget version from Korea or China. I just assumed they did.
I've never owned one but have played through a few Laney's, the last one being the VC30 that was on loan to me for a couple of weeks. Great amps, well built, in my experience. Tony Iommi has been pretty loyal to the brand for the better part of 40 years...
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
Laneys are well built and sound great. The only thing to think about is resale value. They don't have the reputation that other foreign companies (Marshall, Orange, Engl) so if you ever decide to sell it, you're probably going to have to take a hit.

Honestly I'd choose another amp. There are plenty of amps in the same price and tone range (especially used) that will hold their value much better. Look at older Mesa's (DC-2, DC-3, Rocket 44, F-50) or one of the Peavy combos (XXX, Classic 50). All of those can be had for under $1,000 used and will hold value better than a Laney and get you similar sounds.
Sig What?
Quote by darth awsome
Laneys are well built and sound great. The only thing to think about is resale value. They don't have the reputation that other foreign companies (Marshall, Orange, Engl) so if you ever decide to sell it, you're probably going to have to take a hit.

Honestly I'd choose another amp. There are plenty of amps in the same price and tone range (especially used) that will hold their value much better. Look at older Mesa's (DC-2, DC-3, Rocket 44, F-50) or one of the Peavy combos (XXX, Classic 50). All of those can be had for under $1,000 used and will hold value better than a Laney and get you similar sounds.

Surely that depends on what country he is in? You're making some pretty big assumptions there.

Laney went through a period in the 80's when their amps had some questionable components (even Tony Iommi stopped using Laney during that period) but those days have passed, they are built fine.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
laney are awesome!!!!
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.