I was in my friends garage and saw a brand new roland micro cube sitting in a box and asked him why he had a random amp sitting around when doesn't play any music. Apparently it was given to him and he never used it so he just said "Here, you take it." and now I have a new Roland Micro Cube lolol Have to say, I'm pretty impressed with this thing. Not bad for something battery powered!

SCORE!
Nice. I have a roland microcube. It is a fun toy to have about!
Most of the sounds are pretty nice although the r-fier is a bit thin but thats to be expected when the speaker is 6 inches
Niice man! I've been wanted to get a smaller amp that's easy to take with me. (Grandparents like my to bring my guitar when I come over)
What are the pros and cons about these? If you don't mind
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

Well, I own a Omega Modded Deville 2x12 so that's what I'm used to, but some of the pros are:
portability over a heavierand bigger amp (obviously to be expected because it is so small), You can definitely get some good, usable sounds out of it if you know how to tweak the tone knob on the amp as well as your guitar. I use a LITTLE reverb on the first clean setting and it sounds very nice. Delay also sounds pretty good on this thing as well.
Cons:
The speaker seems to lend about any tone you get towards the more thinish, treble side. I have been able to make a good balance but it can make a few settings unusable if you dislike treble/thin sounding stuff.

Overall, for free: amazing. Would I pay 100 or whatever new for one? No. Used for 40 or so? HECK YEAH!
Last edited by GrizzlyFnAdams6 at May 16, 2011,
those things are very very cool, nice one dude
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
MicroCubes are awesome. And they're pretty much indestructible if you don't throw it off a balcony. My old boss used to demo them by throwing and kicking them in front of customers. Worked ridiculously well. Well enough that some big-wigs in Roland noticed and came in to see his strategy.

I rambled. Congrats.
Music Man JPX 6
Ibanez RGT220H
Fender 50th Anniversary Deluxe Strat
93 Jackson Std Professional (Japan)
03 Gibson LP Special
Alvarez AD60SC

Mesa Single Rectifier/Mesa 4x12 cab
Mesa Transatlantic TA-15
Hughes & Kettner Triplex
Quote by 3074326
MicroCubes are awesome. And they're pretty much indestructible if you don't throw it off a balcony. My old boss used to demo them by throwing and kicking them in front of customers. Worked ridiculously well. Well enough that some big-wigs in Roland noticed and came in to see his strategy.

I rambled. Congrats.

That's so true. I use to take mine to college in my back pack. At band rehearsal on site, I put my back pack into the bass drum, to muffle it (people usually use bed lining or a towel). Forgetting I had my micro cube in there...... After practice, I tested it and it made some strange hissy noises. Thank you mr kick drum beater.

So I took back to shop. Once in the shop, the manager wanted to test it and see what the problem was. It suddenly burst back into life...

If the micro cube is anything like the regular cube, I imagine it's decent for what it is.

I had a Cube 30x for awhile as my first "real" amp (First upgrade from a practice amp), and it served it's purpose.