Right, I have three choices, and a budget of like £300.

Choice one: Epiphone Les Paul standard, fit it with SD JB and 59, comes with a gator hard case - total £300

Choice two: Peavey EXP Signature series, just came in used at my local store for £299. Looks gorgeous, sounds mad, but somehow I'm hesitant. I think it's that the finish is effectively a brown flame, and whilst it looks bang on a high end PRS and sounds gorgeous, I think I just wasn't sure of the style..

Choice three: Something else. God knows what.

Basically I want something versatile. I play a load of metal, and metal in a band, but I have a guitar for that sorted already. I suppose the main issue is - is the epi les paul setup too much of a bargain to miss? And is the quality going to be higher than the peavey? I feel like I need to spend a little more time with the Peavey, and to get over the finish of it seeing as I won't likely be playing it live and it has a gorgeous tone for studio use if needs be. I'm not sure why I'm so fixated on the Epi if I'm honest, it has a cherry sunburst sort of finish which isn't really my thing either.

For context - my other guitar is a white Kramer Assault 220fr with a JB in the bridge in solid white with black hardware and binding. I love it to bits, and was just going to buy the gold, fixed bridge version and drop in some duncans, but literally the day i acquired the funds to do so, it was removed from sale EVERYWHERE. Bloody tragic.

Help me out people! Who's played any peavey guitars? Who knows much about epiphone les paul standards? What's gonna be more versatile, and should I just man up about the finishes?!

Cheers!
Why don't you wait for the new Kramers that are fixin to come out since you liked your other one so much. Never rush into a purchase because you have the money. take your time and you might just find the exact one you are looking for.

I wouldn't mind a fixed bridge version of this.

(Invalid img)
My Kramer's:
79 DMZ6000G
83 Pacer Imp
83 Vanguard
85 Pacer Deluxe
85 Baretta
85 Pacer Deluxe
85 Condor
86 Pacer Imperial
86 JK2000
86 JK6000
87 Focus Mutt
09 Gary Kramer Crusader
Last edited by Air_Vengeance at May 16, 2011,
BC Rich w/ EMG's into a Line 6 Spider III or Marshall MGfx 100.
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Gold Top
Vox VT30
Quote by Air_Vengeance
Why don't you wait for the new Kramers that are fixin to come out since you liked your other one so much. Never rush into a purchase because you have the money. take your time and you might just find the exact one you are looking for.

I wouldn't mind a fixed bridge version of this.

(Invalid img)

^I feel like you might be biased in favor of kramers but I can't figure out why I'd think that.

And if your really into the epi go for it
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

Last edited by FireFromTheVoid at May 17, 2011,