I found these online,

http://www.evor.com/kits.html

Anybody heard anything about them? I've been looking at getting the standard telecaster kit, just as something to do this summer. Theyre pretty cheap, cheaper than saga, but I can't find any reviews/information on them anywhere - i'm expecting a "you get what you pay for" kind of kit, but it would be nice surprise if it turns out to be better than that!

Anybody got one? or know someone who does?
Ball Custom Mark I

Korg Pitchblack > Dunlop Crybaby wah > mODDball audio Green Bastard > Marshall GV2 Guv'nor Plus > EHX Holy Stain > MXR Phase 90 > MXR Carbon Copy

Jet City JCA20h
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Blackstar HTV212
can't say I've ever heard of them, but for that cheap they seem like a reasonable gamble if you're willing to take a bit of a risk
I'd be interested to see how they are actually
For the price there's really no reason not to try them out. Naturally I suspect the pickups and electronics (...and bridge, tuners, nut...) to be quite shit. But if with a proper setup it feels and plays right, it might be a good investment.
Well, odd's are I'll take the plunge - as soon as I get my paycheque.

90 bucks isnt a huge investment, so I think I'll build the tele, and see what needs upgrading from there.... and then report back here to share my findings!
Ball Custom Mark I

Korg Pitchblack > Dunlop Crybaby wah > mODDball audio Green Bastard > Marshall GV2 Guv'nor Plus > EHX Holy Stain > MXR Phase 90 > MXR Carbon Copy

Jet City JCA20h
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Blackstar HTV212
Quote by ma_tt11
Well, odd's are I'll take the plunge - as soon as I get my paycheque.

90 bucks isnt a huge investment, so I think I'll build the tele, and see what needs upgrading from there.... and then report back here to share my findings!

Go for it! I wouldn't take a chance with Saga, but these guys seem like they might be OK. (I've had bad experiences with Saga.)
Gibson ES-137C
Parker P8EN
AC Custom Special P Bass
Quote by sonic_777111
Go for it! I wouldn't take a chance with Saga, but these guys seem like they might be OK. (I've had bad experiences with Saga.)

I'm a little worried about a bad experience, but I mean... a bad experience is still experience right? also having a tele body lying around would be nice when I do my next from-scratch build... something else to make a template from haha
Ball Custom Mark I

Jet City JCA20h
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Blackstar HTV212
I've never used those kits but they look pretty standard. My guess is that those kits have horrible hardware and pickups but the body and neck are worth the price. That tends to be the case with kits. I've never seen a great guitar kit but just because the kit isn't great doesn't mean the guitar can't be. You usually have to replace all the electronics and sometimes the tuners have to get swapped too. On top of that you will most likely need to dress the frets but after all of that you should end up with a great guitar that is cosmetically imperfect but plays and sounds like a dream. I like guitars from cheap kits and about half of the guitars I use are from kits that cost me less than $100.

Take a gamble and get it. Then let us know what you think
Not taking any online orders.
I was figuring as much - i have enough hardware lying around that it shouldnt cost me a fortune to make it a decent guitar... and I'd really like to add a tele to my collection. As soon as I get my damn tax return back, I'm gonna spring on the order (and hopefully after that it comes quickly )
Ball Custom Mark I

Jet City JCA20h
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Blackstar HTV212