deluxe strat is like 1500 and its awesome realy cool features plus its an american strat so it will sound good

But theec-1000 is the best looking guitar i have ever seen IMHO plus its 600 used

i play anywhere from clean blues to hard rock
MY GEAR:
Epiphone Sheraton 2
Takamine Jasmine J33?
60's J bass copy (trying to sell or trade)
fender mustang 1
Victoria Regal II
big muff
seed of life overdrive

"We make music for hipster strippers" Dan Auerbach
For what u play, Id go LTD
Duncans will be good for hard rock and clean blues, especially on the neck
PRS Standard 22, Trans Blue
PRS Custom 24, Eriza Verde Green
Martin DC16 GTE Acoustic/Electric
Segovia Acoustic/Electric
Marshall JCM 900 Dual Reverb
Fender Princeton Chorus 212
I'd say LTD, you can probably play more varied styles and have them sound well. And I really want an ESP...
Quote by willT08
Quote by HowSoonisNow
How was Confucius death metal?
You've clearly never read any Confuscius.

As I wait on the edge of the earth,
I can see the walls being torn down again
Only to be rebuilt in another name,
On a different day
New amp and a 2nd hand fender.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
New amp and a 2nd hand fender.

I second this.
Quote by Carmel
Lucky I'm a girl and I don't give a damn.

Quote by darkwolf291

I've seen her kill a man with a spork and a rubber band
No one is safe from the wrath of Batgirl!

A new amp doesn't matter for shit unless he gigs.... ****ing new amp nazis....

Anyway, TS, if you gig, I'd get a new amp and a used EC-400VF. They float around on eBay and Craigslist pretty often, and I've seen a bunch in chain music stores. Or go for a Raven West Guitar on eBay.

If you don't gig, I'd get the EC-1000, probably with Duncans.

But either way, you should go see if you like the feel of these guitars.

EDIT: but if you can find a used Ibanez Radius guitar you should DEFINITELY go for it. It fits what you're looking for PERFECTLY. They're amazing guitars that were discontinued because Ibanez consistently discontinues their best products
Last edited by trueamerican at May 17, 2011,
i dunno, $1500 is a lot to spend on a guitar when you have a beginner amp (even if it's a pretty good beginner amp), even if you are only playing at home. Unless you really do have to keep the volume around about zero...

I mean, I agree that a new amp isn't always the correct solution, but a lot of the time it is. It's not "new amp nazis", it's that we get a heck of a lot of threads in here from people looking for suggestions for $1000+ guitars when they have $100 amps.

If you are gonna blow it all on the guitar, i'd maybe get the HSS version of the american deluxe strat. USed MIJ ibanez superstrat would be a good call too. And put the rest towards an amp.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I recomend fender billy corgan. I played it on renegade 212,good guitar for metal/hard rock,and for jazz also.. it's cheaper than deluxe series.

Edit: also,i would go with esp les paul,with duncan pickups. it's about 1100$.
Last edited by Saint_Zg at May 17, 2011,
I have an epi shertaton 2 and wanted some single coil stratty sounds but the ltd is Sexy im looking at the sunniest one with duncans
MY GEAR:
Epiphone Sheraton 2
Takamine Jasmine J33?
fender mustang 1
Victoria Regal II
big muff
seed of life overdrive

Quote by trueamerican

Anyway, TS, if you gig, I'd get a new amp and a used EC-400VF. They float around on eBay and Craigslist pretty often, and I've seen a bunch in chain music stores. Or go for a Raven West Guitar on eBay.

EDIT: but if you can find a used Ibanez Radius guitar you should DEFINITELY go for it. It fits what you're looking for PERFECTLY. They're amazing guitars that were discontinued because Ibanez consistently discontinues their best products

I was not aware that new amps don't sound better unless the player is gigging.

Also, how dare guitarists be amp nazis when amps have the biggest effect on the sound of a guitar.

Anyways, I'd probably go with the LTD as well, although I'm a big fan of the Deluxe Strats. If your budget is high enough to afford a new Deluxe Strat, you can score that LTD and probably do a pretty nice amp upgrade too. Even though the amp upgrade will not matter whatsoever unless you're playing in front of a crowd. Because I know none of us care what our tone sounds like unless we're gigging.
Music Man JPX 6
Ibanez RGT220H
Fender 50th Anniversary Deluxe Strat
93 Jackson Std Professional (Japan)
03 Gibson LP Special
Alvarez AD60SC

Mesa Single Rectifier/Mesa 4x12 cab
Mesa Transatlantic TA-15
Hughes & Kettner Triplex
Quote by 3074326
I was not aware that new amps don't sound better unless the player is gigging.

Also, how dare guitarists be amp nazis when amps have the biggest effect on the sound of a guitar.

Anyways, I'd probably go with the LTD as well, although I'm a big fan of the Deluxe Strats. If your budget is high enough to afford a new Deluxe Strat, you can score that LTD and probably do a pretty nice amp upgrade too. Even though the amp upgrade will not matter whatsoever unless you're playing in front of a crowd. Because I know none of us care what our tone sounds like unless we're gigging.

I didn't say they don't sound better, I said they don't matter. I agree they have the biggest effect on the sound, but the better the guitar, the quicker the skill progresses. Amps don't really help facilitate progress as well. If you're not gigging, a much better sound isn't that necessary until the guitar situation is taken care of.
I am doing some light gigging just want to expand my final capabilities
MY GEAR:
Epiphone Sheraton 2
Takamine Jasmine J33?
fender mustang 1
Victoria Regal II
big muff
seed of life overdrive

I would say you're best not splitting your money up. Why split your money up and buy a mediocre amp and a mediocre guitar? Then you'll just need to upgrade them later on. But a great guitar and save up for a great amp.
By the way, if you have $1500 to spend, I'd say **** it and get a Warmoth. You'll never need an upgrade again. You can buy different types of guitars later on, but you'll never need to get a better one.
Quote by trueamerican
I would say you're best not splitting your money up. Why split your money up and buy a mediocre amp and a mediocre guitar? Then you'll just need to upgrade them later on. But a great guitar and save up for a great amp.

LTD -1000s aren't mediocre.. and if he can get one for $600, that's a good deal. Then he's also have $900 for an amp, or just to hold on to for something else. You don't have to spend an absurd amount of money to get a "main" guitar. And it sounds like he really likes it, which is what really matters. No sense in spending a ton when it's not necessary.
Music Man JPX 6
Ibanez RGT220H
03 Gibson LP Special
Alvarez AD60SC

Mesa Transatlantic TA-15
Hughes & Kettner Triplex
Quote by 3074326
LTD -1000s aren't mediocre.. and if he can get one for $600, that's a good deal. Then he's also have $900 for an amp, or just to hold on to for something else. You don't have to spend an absurd amount of money to get a "main" guitar. And it sounds like he really likes it, which is what really matters. No sense in spending a ton when it's not necessary.

They aren't mediocre, you're right. But being able to get a custom guitar of the highest quality means he would never have to get another guitar. I've NEVER heard of anyone being less than completely satisfied with a Warmoth.
Get the EC100 and coil tap the p/u if they havent been already. But I'd check them out first some people hate the ESP necks, just like every guitar is not for everyone.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by trueamerican
They aren't mediocre, you're right. But being able to get a custom guitar of the highest quality means he would never have to get another guitar. I've NEVER heard of anyone being less than completely satisfied with a Warmoth.

I guess the way I'm looking at it is if you can get a high-quality guitar for $600 and have $900 left over for an amp, I'd much rather have that than a guitar and OP's amp. But, I've also always been someone who will always want something else.

There isn't a wrong answer here, just a difference of opinion. I like the LTD + $900 amp combo.
Music Man JPX 6
Ibanez RGT220H
03 Gibson LP Special
Alvarez AD60SC

Mesa Transatlantic TA-15
Hughes & Kettner Triplex
They're both good scenarios. I just feel that for someone who doesn't really gig, a $900 amp is a ridiculous waste.
Quote by trueamerican

+1
Gear
Jackson DK2
Ibanez RGR320EX
Guild X82 Nova
Godin Seagull S6

Vox V847
Vox VT40+ / VFS5 VT

Quote by FatalGear41

Right now, there are six and a half billion people on earth who don't care what kind of tubes you have in your amplifier