Quote by gizmodo.com
Swiss scientists designed a small blood-powered turbine that would fit in arteries and power internal electronics like a pacemaker. Each turbine can produce 800 microwatts of energy which is far greater than the ten microwatts used by a pacemaker.

The implantable device would function like a mini hydroelectric generator that uses your blood instead of water. As long as your heart is beating, the turbine will generate an endless supply of power. Eventually, this technology could replace battery-powered pacemakers which have a limited life span. Don't worry about having to give up a major blood vessel as the device would be placed in the thoracic artery, an extra blood vessel often removed in heart surgery.

Though promising, the mini-turbines have one major drawback — life-threatening blood clots! The team is looking at ways to cut the risk of blood clots, but that would be one heck of a side effect to have to list on the product information sheet

WHOA. NEXT WELL HAVE ROBOTS THAT SHOOT LASER BEAMS OR SOMETHING.

yeah, so to make this a legit thread or whatever, give me your opinions!
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

This'll be great for when I'm walking around with my super-computer implanted in my brain.
Standard Strat
Jackson WRMG
Parker DF724

Axe-Fx Standard
Carvin DCM1000L

Mesa Trad. Slant Recto 4x12 (UK V30s)
Custom Horiz. 2x12 (Commonwealth 12s)
Once they work out the blood clot kink this will be awesome. Dibs out on being test subject.

*touches nose*
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
Quote by chaos13
Once they work out the blood clot kink this will be awesome. Dibs out on being test subject.

*touches nose*

Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by fearofthemark

WHOA. NEXT WELL HAVE ROBOTS THAT SHOOT LASER BEAMS OR SOMETHING.

I think this is more realistic:

2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
We just need one that can power a complete life support apparatus, and we'll have achieved perpetual motion.
Quote by Karlboy
This'll be great for when I'm walking around with my super-computer implanted in my brain.

THE ****ING SINGULARITY, MAN, THE ****ING SINGULARITY.
Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
I think this is more realistic:

Freakin' sharks with freakin' lazors attached to their freakin' heads!
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
That's a pretty serious side effect.... Like those diet chips that caused anal leakage. Not worth it in the slightest.