Page 1 of 2
It's already Spring and Summer is coming up, the perfect season for chilling outside or camping with friends... and I always somehow find myself sitting around a campfire or out in the woods with an acoustic guitar in my hands and people waiting to be moved by melodies. After blackbird and a bunch of other simple naturey melodies, I soon myself with nothing left to play that really helps set the mood.

SO, any good ideas for songs to play around a campfire or out in the woods with friends? Preferably something people would be familiar with and be able to sing or nod their head along to.

Thanks
Blind Guardian has you covered.
Bard's Song
Skalds and Shadows
Lord of the Rings
War of the Thrones
sunbather is shit
Quote by beefcake122
Bard's Song
Skalds and Shadows
Lord of the Rings
War of the Thrones

this.
whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Quote by EJD
Reminds me of that drunkard who ran out of beer... he was so desperate, he drank furniture polish.

He came to a horrible end... but a beautiful finish.
outside woman blues
Whenever the Will to Power, in no matter what form, begins to decline, a physiological retrogression, decadence always supervenes.
-Friedrich Nietzsche
The Gypsy Rover
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Kansas- Dust in the Wind
Queensryche- Silent Lucidity
Alter Bridge- In Loving Memory
Alter Bridge- Watch Over You

and many other Alter Bridge songs, actually.
Some Nirvana maybe? About a Girl, Polly, Something in the way, any of those would be good, or maybe an acoustic version of Should I Stay or Should I Go? by The Clash.

Edit: Or if your friends are familiar with it play the Angry Video Game Nerd theme song.
Last edited by fuzzpedal at May 16, 2011,
Mother Nature's son - A McCartney composition from the white album. It's an interesting song and if all else fails: " C A M P F I R E S O N G song"
G(g)od was like: "Make you an ark of gopher wood; rooms shall you make in the ark, and shall pitch it within and without with pitch."

And i was like: "What's gopher wood?"
I was gonna say Campfire Song song..
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Next to a campfire is a terrible environment for an acoustic guitar. The temperature differences will wreak havoc on the wood. You should be ashamed of yourself.
OT: Fleet Foxes?

Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell;
And, in the lowest deep, a lower deep
Still threatening to devour me opens wide,
To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heaven.

Bored? read these, or this
Quote by rmr024
will there be chicks present? If so, Wonderwall.

This man raises an important distinction. If walking vagina is present, play John Mayer and Wonderwall. If not, play real music.
Quote by trueamerican
This man raises an important distinction. If walking vagina is present, play John Mayer and Wonderwall. If not, play real music.

I definitely have the walking vagina melodies, I usually start with wonderwall but end up strumming random chords, its all the same to them ;D Im focusing mostly on "real music" though. Most of the songs everyone has suggested are pretty good, but I am leaning more towards classics. I've should have mentioned it earlier, but I generally hang out with an old school crowd, sometimes even people in their 40s and 50s. Practically a stoner kinda group... so artists like Jack Johnson arent gonna work out very well lol

Thank you everyone for the input though, still gave me some good ideas
Quote by mesopatamius
Next to a campfire is a terrible environment for an acoustic guitar. The temperature differences will wreak havoc on the wood. You should be ashamed of yourself.
OT: Fleet Foxes?

Thats why I bring my generic target brand acoustic ($33 on sale ;D) and leave the ovation and gibson at home lol its veyr expendable. if we're out of wood, i may just use the guitar.
Old school crowd? Get your Simon and Garfunkel on brother!
I want to read your essays and blogs of the artistic nature!

Art evokes the mystery without which the world would not exist.

- Rene Magritte
Ripple by Grateful Dead
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by bradulator
Ripple by Grateful Dead

can't believe I never thought of that song. i love you.
Seriously, Alter Bridge songs. Watch Over You, In Loving Memory, Wonderful Life, etc. However, those three songs are all in Open G, although maybe it's Open F#....
Alice In Chains - Got Me Wrong
Kyuss - Capsized, Space Cadet
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Damn, no American Pie yet?

Eh, for all of you saying Campfire song song, does anyone actually have the tab for that shit, because it kind of would be funny...
Keep you doped with religion and sex and TV
And you think you're so clever and class less and free
But you're still fucking peasants as far as I can see

A working class hero is something to be.
Quote by Epicbizzjizz
Damn, no American Pie yet?

Eh, for all of you saying Campfire song song, does anyone actually have the tab for that shit, because it kind of would be funny...

Well, lookie here...
Mosquito song by queens of the stone age. No woman can resist it.
I'm selling an ernie ball wah pedal. Buy my ernie ball wah pedal.
Wah pedal.

Quote by 23dannybhoy23
That's got to be my all time favourite online death threat

Quote by smokeysteve22

My chest hurts after that.
Quote by beefcake122
Bard's Song
Skalds and Shadows
Lord of the Rings
War of the Thrones

Yourdoinitwrong. Don't play that claptrap at a campfire.

TS. Here's a good list of some stuff to play.

Anything by Johnny Cash , folsom prison blues, walk the line, the classics that everyone knows (and if they don't then they suck)

Neil Young.

Any gentle kind of picking songs, cocaine blues maybe in the style of Nick Drake or Keith Richards, Willie Nelson, Missisippi John Hurt is actually a great example of that kind of thing if you can get the playing down.

And the other classics like Layla , etc.
I'm your man- Leonard Cohen(If there are females present'))
Where did you sleep last night- Leadbelly
Jumpin Jack Flash- The stones
Me and Bobby McGee- Janis Joplin
Clint Eastwood- Gorillaz
About a girl- Nirvana
Another love song- QOTSA
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Last edited by IRISH_PUNK13 at May 17, 2011,
Page 1 of 2