Do you guys know a place where I can buy a single replacement tuner for an EC1000? i have one that's borken. They're locking tuners. If there is another brand of tuners that will fit in without me having to drill anything I'll gladly buy that.
Call ESP and talk to customer support. I have a Purple H-1001 and when my tuner broke from a bad tech not knowing how to operate a locking tuner. They sent me one for free very quickly too, just make sure you have the serial number and they'll help you out. Great guys over there! Good luck!
Quote by Kenji20022
Call ESP and talk to customer support. I have a Purple H-1001 and when my tuner broke from a bad tech not knowing how to operate a locking tuner. They sent me one for free very quickly too, just make sure you have the serial number and they'll help you out. Great guys over there! Good luck!

I called them, unfortunately they directed me to the same site the poster above had shown, which only sell the sets. Do you guys know if there are any direct swap tuners? If I'm going to have to buy a full set, I might as well upgrade. These tuners don't hold tuning too well.
Gotoh tuners on my Fernandes never drop out of tune, even with my whammy bar abuse. Last time I tuned it was 6 months ago
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
'97 Fender Cali Series Strat
?? Samick Bass
'01 Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
You simply can't go wrong with Sperzel locking tuners. Gotoh tuners are good as well, but I prefer Sperzel.

Also, I would stay away from Grover tuners. I had a lot of problems with a set of Grovers, mainly some significant gear lash and one of them even broke as I was restringing the guitar.
Axes:
2010 Carvin ST300C
1994 Jackson Soloist XL Professional
2008 "Jacksbanez"
2007 Gibson Flying V
2003 Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Amps:
Peavey 6505+ Combo
Peavey Classic 30
Peavey Vypyr 15
Last edited by Vecheka at May 18, 2011,
Sperzel's, I believe, require a minor hole for one of the posts (which is designed to keep the tuner from moving).

You can see the small post in these pictures:

http://backstage.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/sperzel-33-trim-lok-tuning-machines

I've never installed a pair of Gotoh tuners myself, but from the look of the tuner you would have to drill a new hole. Compare the Gotoh tuners here:

http://backstage.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/gotoh-mlb3-g-3-on-a-side-locking-tuners-6-pack

To the headstock of your EC-1000:

http://backstage.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/gotoh-mlb3-g-3-on-a-side-locking-tuners-6-pack

It seems as though the screws will not match up.

Never fear though, installing new tuners is relatively easy. If you're super concerned about it you could take it to a guitar shop and have them installed for you. But, you could also go over to the modification forum and find people who will be more than happy to help you (sadly I'm not one of them because I have very little experience in guitar modifications).
Axes:
2010 Carvin ST300C
1994 Jackson Soloist XL Professional
2008 "Jacksbanez"
2007 Gibson Flying V
2003 Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Amps:
Peavey 6505+ Combo
Peavey Classic 30
Peavey Vypyr 15
That's strange I talked to their tech support I guess and he got the single tuner to my doorstep in 3 days. I did this twice. But yeah if you replace the set go for Sprezel Locking, they're so good.
i HATE Sperzel locking tuners. and i don't hate many things. i had them all ready to go and installed them, they were awesome for a couple of weeks and the aluminum housings started cracking causing them to fail. they would not replace. this was at least five years ago, so maybe they have changed them, hopefully they have, but i will never buy another set.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I like Schallers though they are bit pricy.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!