So, i have this friend who is thinking about trying acid. He has heard both good stories and bad stories about the drug, mainly dealing with great trips and bad trips.

He is a bit nervous because he only smokes weed as far as drugs go, and has tried E once. Anyway he is going to a 3 day music festival/campout at the end of the month, and his friend really wants to try it, neither of them have done it before, but this other kid theyre going with has quite a bit.

anyway, just wondering the risks, past experiences, and knowledge that the pit can give towards this. should he do it or not?

how long does it last?
is it true that youll never quite be the same afterwards? or is that bullshit?

thanks
plmokn12 wrote:
Yes! You deserve a high five in the spirit of Jim Henson.

Gretsch G5129
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender Stratocaster HSS
Yamaha FG-336SB
yea sorry i didnt know where this should go, my bad
plmokn12 wrote:

Gretsch G5129
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender Stratocaster HSS
Yamaha FG-336SB
DO IT!!!!!!
(Invalid img)
Whenever the Will to Power, in no matter what form, begins to decline, a physiological retrogression, decadence always supervenes.
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Quote by Rubik's
Yay, but not with a lot of people.

well theres gonna be quite a bit of people at the festival... hmm
plmokn12 wrote:

Gretsch G5129
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender Stratocaster HSS
Yamaha FG-336SB
His friend wants him to try it? GTFO ts, you is a bad friend.

Seriously though, just take 1 or 2 hits max each if you are going to be in a crowded environment. LSD isn't exactly a party drug but it is not really dangerous either.
1. Drug Thread. I haven't posted in the new thread yet, but they're all insanely knowledgeable and very helpful if you're not a complete ass.
2. If you have to ask yourself or others whether you're ready for a drug, you probably aren't. Just my opinion, but you really should do a fair bit of research before jumping into the wide world of hallucinogens. Try www.erowid.com. Everything you'll ever need to know about any drug imaginable.
Nobody here cares that you're doing acid, bub.

Edit: I wouldn't do it if there are a lot of people around. Shit can get scary.
Check out my band Disturbed
the italics make it look like you are tying to show that you are hiding that you are talking about yourself. am i right?

edit: its quite clear to me that everyone thinks the same, so i guess this is for those who cant figure it out.
Last edited by olix95 at May 16, 2011,
You probably shouldn't throw yourself into an environment where your mood is at the mercy of the hundreds of other people around you your first time.

Edit: Or ever, really.
You should of put this in the drug thread.

I couldn't give two shits about you and your drugs.
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Go for it. Just don't buy sugarcubes. Take a tab each and make sure you have a nice place to sit and chill for a long period of time.
jus do it. 1 tab isnt even that bad. plus ur going to a festival!! best place to trip! u just gotta accept it dont't fear it. there's nothing to fear when ur surrounded by ur friends who are also trippin.....smoking weed makes it 10 times better
i would def do 1 the first time and then 2 the second
Do you have enough experience feeling high? It's better to have some experience feeling (not sure how to put this) "not sober."

Do you have a trusted friend to watch you? If no, don't do it.

Also, doing it in that setting doesn't sound like the best idea.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Ok, first of all, there's no way to tell if cid is gonna be bunk or not until you take it. It will take anywhere from 30 min to 2 hours or so to kick in, and you WILL KNOW if it is cid. Another thing is that sometimes you will get chemicals that will make you trip but its not actual LSD. LSD is something that can be fun and actually meaningful if you use it responsibly, though at a concert you shouldnt worry too much, you'll have fun. And dont listen to what most "Popular" beliefs are of it. You wont see cartoons pop out and talk to you... In a way its way more intense, it's more of a mixture of all your senses, for everything you hear, you will usually get a visual response, including vibrant colors moving in patterns, kaleidoscopic images, and wet feelings. You will probably think that you peed on yourself a few times if youve never done it. Also, it wont make a huge difference in your life at all, other than a truer realization of yourself and how amazing life is. Dont think too deeply about anything, its hard and it may be difficult to speak coherently. However all of this is depending on if you get ACTUAL LSD. If its some other chems or its bunk you will be slightly to extremely dissappointed.
Hope this helps, Enjoy!
Quote by sticksause
His friend wants him to try it? GTFO ts, you is a bad friend.

Seriously though, just take 1 or 2 hits max each if you are going to be in a crowded environment. LSD isn't exactly a party drug but it is not really dangerous either.

Any drug can be dangerous. If you take a large amount of LSD in a bad setting, it can f*ck you up.

I guess it all really boils down to two things, TS, first, you should do a generous amount of research on it before taking it, from recommended dosage to the trip reports. A good place to start is the link in my sig, the LSD article is one of the biggest and most informative on there.

Second, do you trust the people you're going to be around? It doesn't matter if you're around a lot of people, as long as you feel comfortable and safe around them. If you think the environment might become intimidating or out-of-control, or think you're friends might try and **** with you, then you may want to wait.
i'd say do 1-2, and don't worry about doing it around people it's not that bad, especially at a festival!
sim simma

who got the keys to my beema
plus if u already tried E... ur gonna think acid is not that great. Ecstacy is a hell of a drug!
Oh, by the way, this is the most important part.

You have to read up on it a lot so that you won't be nervous. The more nervous you are, the more likely you are to have a bad trip. Also consider blasting off by smoking weed. It helps you ease up and will make the trip more pleasurable. But since this is your first acid trip, you may want to have a pure acid trip, without any weed.
Quote by wizards?
I'm pretty sure you're thinking of deliriants...

LSD is a psychedelic, and can lead to delusions in low doses.
LISTEN To people saying dont take a lot, thats something I forgot about. If you take a bunch and it IS LSD, it will be WAAAAAYYYYYY intense for your first time, and it will last a really long time. If you take 1 or 2, youll prolly trip for 6-12 hours depending on the strength and believe me, that is long enough. After 5 or 6 hours trippin, you will forget what it feels like to be sober, and if youre trippin for like 13, youll wish you were, unless youre having the greatest time EVER. But honestly, it gets old after that long and youll want to sleep, which YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO.
Quote by dylanfromearth
LSD is a psychedelic, and can lead to delusions in low doses.

Yes but deliriants are quite different than LSD, and they're known for usually causing two specific hallucinations: bugs under the skin, and floors, walls, ceilings covered in bugs.

I don't know the specific science behind it, but that's what happens.
There are a few negative long term effects, the biggest thing you'll want to worry about is a bad trip, to prevent this you need to be in a good environment, be in a good mood, and don't be nervous about what your doing, reading up on LSD will help the nervousness. As for long term there is a very small chance of psychosis and HPPD but a larger risk of having flashbacks at some point. I would say go for it, to me it is one of the best drugs and you should have the time of your life, I'd go to http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd.shtml for some good non-biased information
TS, does your family have a history of mental illness?
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by cRACk mONKEyTTU
LISTEN To people saying dont take a lot, thats something I forgot about. If you take a bunch and it IS LSD, it will be WAAAAAYYYYYY intense for your first time, and it will last a really long time. If you take 1 or 2, youll prolly trip for 6-12 hours depending on the strength and believe me, that is long enough. After 5 or 6 hours trippin, you will forget what it feels like to be sober, and if youre trippin for like 13, youll wish you were, unless youre having the greatest time EVER. But honestly, it gets old after that long and youll want to sleep, which YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO.

100% this.

especially the, after awhile you will WANT to be sober and want to sleep but will NOT be able to!

It's an amazing trip to hallucinate all kinds of shite but after a few hours, especially your first time, it really takes a toll on your body and your brain. After my first time when I finally got sober I don't think I ever wanted to get to bed so fast.
Quote by boreamor
Nope because I'm not a dick.
Quote by spanish lovin
then did you just call yourself a PUSSY???

^This = Win
Quote by wizards?
Yes but deliriants are quite different than LSD, and they're known for usually causing two specific hallucinations: bugs under the skin, and floors, walls, ceilings covered in bugs.

I don't know the specific science behind it, but that's what happens.

True. I've seen people on them. My friend did DPH, which is basically when you take a shitload of benadryl. He saw spiders, experienced synesthesia, saw all sorts of scary shit. When he was on it he said to me, "Never let me do this again. PLEASE! No matter what I say, never let me do this again." He was terrified.
As someone who's tried it once, I would recommend it. I took two hits and would definitely say it was a positive experience. HOWEVER, I made sure I was in a comfortable place surrounded by familiar things, and did it with a small number of people that I trusted and was comfortable around. I'm pretty sure those things were important to my overall experience.

I'd heard the whole "if you're nervous going in you might have a bad trip" thing, and of course I was a bit nervous, because how can you NOT be when you hear something like that? But I found that I was pretty much entirely in control and could make rational decisions about everything and realize all the effects that were happening to me and make peace with them. It really isn't anything to worry about in my opinion-- that is, if you're taking a relatively small dose. I wouldn't recommend trying it out at a festival surrounded by hundreds of people, though.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Some well educated people here, I see... acid is fun!

Quote by wizards?

I took 9 hits of acid and had the bug experience... Standing in a gravel pit, suddenly each bit of gravel became a spider. A bit of a shock I must say, but it wasn't the typical freakout story. It was the coolest thing I've seen in my life. Why? Well, as it was eloquently put by the GodofCheesecake
Quote by GodofCheesecake?
I found that I was pretty much entirely in control and could make rational decisions about everything and realize all the effects that were happening to me and make peace with them.

SO cool!
"Wait, he smokes marijuana?!?! I thought he only does weed!"

-Ignorant Friend #1

"How many shots are there in a 26er?"

-Ignorant Friend #2

"No I don't want a two-four, I only like beeer!"

-Ignorant Friend #1