The worst pieces of crap I've ever bought. Paid $20 for the d@mn things. When I got home, the screws didn't fit my guitar -they were too
small. If that wasn't bad enough, the screws in my guitar were too big. Apparently, everyone has had this same problem, they used the super glue and toothpick trick. After spending almost An hour putting them on my guitar, my hands were covered in super glue.. these straplocks lasted through 3 gigs a day for 2 straight days and the following 2 weeks. At the end of that 2 weeks was the last gig I'd play with them. At the gig, the ball popped off..along with it was a spring. Yeah, the straplock held up, but it would not come off. I tried to pull on the screw with some needle nosed pliers but it was no help at all. Finally, I gave up and pulled on the screw until the button came out the guitar. The old buttons are back on and I couldn't be happier. Don't waste your money paying for Fenders' name, get the Ernie Ball straplocks.
Schaller
If your parents never had children, chances are, you wont either.

Member #2 of Kerry/Edwards fanclub
Quote by deadkenedy
Schaller

+1

I won't play my guitars without them. Never had a problem.
Fender American Vintage '62 Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Custom
TC Electronic Polytune
Danelectro Blue Paisley
EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
Dunlop Crybaby
EHX Deluxe Memory Boy
Egnater Tweaker

Quote by Jackal58
Yer pretty fly for a Canadian.
Schaller man myself. Next time you do the mtachstick/toothpick trick use PVA glue and give it overnight to set. Just dip the slivers of wood in the glue and slide them into place. Super glue sucks, the only thing it sticks succesfully to is your fingers.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Cool story bro

But seriously, is there a point to this thread?
Quote by SonOfPest
Its the Lydian mode; formed in Eastern Arabia when the Persians invaded England.

Quote by Blind In 1 Ear
try the sexolydian scale.
Last edited by jwd724 at May 16, 2011,
Quote by NakedInTheRain
Sorry to go against the grain, but Dunlop Straploks - absolutely flawless. I've had nothing but problems with my Schallers.

I've got Schallers on everything and at least one set is well over 20 years old and they've never missed a beat.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Super glue sucks, the only thing it sticks succesfully to is your fingers.

That was what it was originally made for

+1 for the Schaller locks.
Have a set of Ernie Balls on my DKMG, they stick out farther, don't go on or come off as easy, and made of plastic. If I stumble across black Schallers at my local L&M, I'll pick them up.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
+1 for schaller, i will never use another brand. period. i have had dunlops fail, and almost dropped a guitar. schallers are basically failproof if you think about it since as long as the strap is wrapped properly they overhang the pins. unless one were to pull out through the glue and toothpick threading, you are not going to drop a guitar with schallers.

schallers /thread.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by Cathbard
I've got Schallers on everything and at least one set is well over 20 years old and they've never missed a beat.

Maybe the reissues aren't spec'd properly to the originals.

EDIT:

My main problem with them is the nut holding the lock to the strap (on the outside) keeps twisting itself off. There's no nut on the Dunlops to come off. And the contraption is squeaky and annoying.
Last edited by NakedInTheRain at May 16, 2011,
Quote by NakedInTheRain
Maybe the reissues aren't spec'd properly to the originals.

EDIT:

My main problem with them is the nut holding the lock to the strap (on the outside) keeps twisting itself off. There's no nut on the Dunlops to come off. And the contraption is squeaky and annoying.

Use a spanner to tighten the nut -and don't forget to put the washer between the nut and strap so you can tighten it properly. Problem soled. You only have to do it once.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Use a spanner to tighten the nut -and don't forget to put the washer between the nut and strap so you can tighten it properly. Problem soled. You only have to do it once.

Okay thanks mate, I'll look into that.
Im a cheapskate and simply use washers. I unscrew the strap buttons that come on the guitar and put the washer under it and then the strap under that and screw it back on. Has never failed me or anyone i know that does this.
Quote by MrTshoff
Im a cheapskate and simply use washers. I unscrew the strap buttons that come on the guitar and put the washer under it and then the strap under that and screw it back on. Has never failed me or anyone i know that does this.

This, crazily, does not sound like a bad idea. I wonder how nobody thought of it before.

However, I recommend GFS straplocks. They are amazing. Take a look at them:

http://www.guitarfetish.com/REDESIGNED-Chrome-Strap-Locks-Pair-Straplok-style-HEAVY-DUTY--In-Stock_p_598.html

They have been extremely reliable for me, they don't look as hideous as Schallers, the system they use is very safe, and they are extremely cheap.
"Terrible wars have been fought where millions have died for one idea, freedom. And it seems that something that means so much to so many people would be worth having." -Andrew Martin (Bicentennial Man)
i tihnk i have the dunlop ones...where they attach to the strap and can come off...great things. had a bit of a problem becuase they were too small but i took my guitar to a shop and for 8euro they refilled the hole and redrilled it and they fit perfectly
I use Dimarzio Clip-lok straps on almost all my instruments, aint no way in hell those are coming off.
I use Dunlops on my Warwick bass because well.. I have to. They're literally built into the bass. Never had a problem with them however.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
ive been using schallers ever since the dunlop ones failed me, tried the ernie ball ones they suck
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
^ How did the dunlop ones fail you out of interest?
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Quote by consecutive e
^ How did the dunlop ones fail you out of interest?

the little clip broke and guitar fell to the ground, slip the headstock in half!

that cant happenw ith schaller
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
I've had a cheap planet waves locking strap for almost ten years now... Surprisingly its held up perfectly and works well. Not the most comfortable strap though.

Here it is for $11: http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Planet-Waves-2-Polypropylene-Planet-Lock-Guitar-Strap?sku=501561&src=3WFRWXX&ZYXSEM=0&CAWELAID=296556674
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Last edited by tubetime86 at May 17, 2011,