In my opinion, American football is much better than rugby. And before some brit comes in and starts bashing on football, let me clear some things up.

-4 out of 11 guys are usually very large (not fat). The other guys are usually in outstanding shape and could probably beat any rugby player. These 4 guys are large for strategic reasons, to get through the opposite line. So don't stereotype football players as "fat" when the majority of them are usually in better shape than the average rugby player.

-We wear pads because if we didn't, we would most likely kill each other because of how hard we hit.

-We don't have "breaks" because we are tired or need a rest. It is part of the strategic game when you call the next play. And also in the short times we are using energy, we are going all out and giving every ounce of energy we have into every hit and movement. If rugby players played like this, they would pass out in exhaustion.

-Football players hit 3 times harder than rugby players. And even with pads, I can guarantee it hurts more (both to the hitter and the guy getting hit). Proof here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7tGY-VDx3o

-Football is MUCH more strategic than rugby. There is no way to deny that.

Give me reasons why I am right or wrong.

(I changed the thread. Btw, if you could, please give me a reason before closing a thread. I see nothing wrong with this thread.)
Last edited by guitarocker100 at May 16, 2011,
Have you ever read the rules? "NO VS THREADS" Also, you don't repost closed threads, they are closed for a reason. This will get you in more trouble.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Last edited by rockingamer2 at May 16, 2011,
Quote by wizards?
Too bad American Football only released one album...

you're a stone fox
Quote by rockingamer2
Have you ever read the rules? You don't repost closed threads, they were closed for a reason. PM a mod about it. This will get you in more trouble.

I didn't repost it. They said no vs threads so I changed it to "why this is better than this." I see nothing wrong with this thread.
Ping pong is better than American football and rugby put TOGETHER.
LARGE TEXT
Quote by guitarocker100
I didn't repost it. They said no vs threads so I changed it to "why this is better than this." I see nothing wrong with this thread.

1. That is a pointless discussion.

2. It's a (bad) attempt at disguising a VS thread.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
All of your arguments are based on assumptions.

How do you know the average rugby player is less fit than the American Football player.

Football is MUCH more strategic than Rugby? Another assumption that any rugby coach/player could counter.

Opinions my friends are not arguments.
Add Me!

If man is five...
If the devil is six...
If GOD IS SEVEN...
Quote by guitarocker100

Well what can the people who think otherwise do? Can they state their opinion? Because you didn't say "prove me wrong"

Also, American football teams do have fat players. FACT.
Quote by ChiliMyAss
All of your arguments are based on assumptions.

How do you know the average rugby player is less fit than the American Football player.

Football is MUCH more strategic than Rugby? Another assumption that any rugby coach/player could counter.

Opinions my friends are not arguments.

I don't know the statistics on average sizes so yes that is an opinion.

But I can guarantee football is more strategic than rugby.
Quote by guitarocker100
Yes I did.

From OP

"-Football is MUCH more strategic than rugby. There is no way to deny that. "

No point in proving you wrong if you've already made up your mind.
Quote by guitarocker100
-4 out of 11 guys are usually very large (not fat). The other guys are usually in outstanding shape and could probably beat any rugby player. These 4 guys are large for strategic reasons, to get through the opposite line. So don't stereotype football players as "fat" when the majority of them are usually in better shape than the average rugby player.

-We wear pads because if we didn't, we would most likely kill each other because of how hard we hit.

-We don't have "breaks" because we are tired or need a rest. It is part of the strategic game when you call the next play. And also in the short times we are using energy, we are going all out and giving every ounce of energy we have into every hit and movement. If rugby players played like this, they would pass out in exhaustion.

-Football players hit 3 times harder than rugby players. And even with pads, I can guarantee it hurts more (both to the hitter and the guy getting hit). Proof here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7tGY-VDx3o

-Football is MUCH more strategic than rugby. There is no way to deny that.

Give me reasons why I am right or wrong.

(I changed the thread. Btw, if you could, please give me a reason before closing a thread. I see nothing wrong with this thread.)
Everything in bold is an assumption, a generalisation or both.

stratkat