The other day I got a vintage 1970s Kustom K250-4 amp head for free after a day of hard labor. He just gave it to me since he was low on cash and figured me being a musician would take an amp head for payment.

Its a bass amp, but Im a guitar player...I decided to give it a shot as a guitar amp just curious what tones this thing was packing. I pluged into the clean #1 input and fell in love. Its the most amazing clean tone Ive ever played. I just have to have this clean tone.

My main amp remains my Marshall VS100 amp head..Ive done numerous little mods and tweaks to this head that makes it one of the best amps Ive ever played. The 2 Overdrive channels on this head are awsome. If you know anything about the VS100 the two OD channels share the same eq, I had this head messed with by a tech I know so the clean channel and OD1 share the same eq and the other eq controls only the OD2 channel. It worked out great when Im playing the two OD channels..they sound phenominal, but the music I play and even my own personal style has alot of clean use. The clean on the VS100 isnt very great anyways, so when I got that amazing clean tone out of the Kustom I had an idea.

I want to run my Marshall and the Kustom, the Marshall being used only for the OD channels and the Kustom for the clean (of course)...heres where I need some help figuring this out. I had recently sold alot of gear to gain more space in my house. So I only have my one cab. Its a mono cab with only one input. So instantly I got the idea of getting an ABY switch and having it constantly set on Y...so I can have the Kustom speaker output plugged into A and the Marshall speaker output plugged into B, then the Y section plugged into the cabinet. Then to switch between the heads I would just use an AB switch.

So my signal would be something like...

Guitar-pedal board-AB switch-< Kustom - ABY (A) , Marshall - ABY (B) >- ABY (y) - Cab

Would this work? Im thinking it shouldnt be an issue since only one amps signal would be running to the cab at a time. Also would all the AB switches cut down my signal strength? If so would a Mirco amp pedal work to boost it back up to normal or even a little stronger than normal? ALso does anybody have any other solutions, I know a midi rig would work great..but Im not the richest kid on the block...so that ones a little out of my range..
you will need a dummy load too otherwise the ot of your amps will fry up
aby switchers dont work i forgot the name of the product but it comes for 300$ approx what it does is
suppose you want to play kustom and keep marshall aside you select the switcher it will take the load of custom and send it to the cab
and it will take marshall's load and send it to a power absorber
Gear:
Peavey 6505 120W Head
Ibanez Rga32 (FOR SALE)
Laney Lv412a Cab(FOR SALE)
Soon To Get::
Boss DD20
Morley Bad Horsie II
It's made by Radial, but I forgot what it's called. The Switchbone or something.

Yes, just using an aby for the heads to the cab will damage your amps.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Quote by GS LEAD 5
Radial Tonebone Switchbone.

No, it's called a Headbone. The Switchbone is for switching signal chains. DO NOT GET THE SWITCHBONE. IT IS NOT DESIGNED TO SWITCH AMPS INTO ONE CABINET. The Headbone is exactly what you're looking for.
Gibson ES-137C
Parker P8EN
AC Custom Special P Bass
Quote by sonic_777111
No, it's called a Headbone. The Switchbone is for switching signal chains. DO NOT GET THE SWITCHBONE. IT IS NOT DESIGNED TO SWITCH AMPS INTO ONE CABINET. The Headbone is exactly what you're looking for.

Oops my bad headbone, not switchbone.