hi guys
i have an orange crush 35b bass amp that gets a rather damn good little crunch with my guitar when i crank the volume all the way up, but it's just too loud for most situations, i was wondering if there was any way or if it was possible at all for me to change anything inside of it to reduce the overall wattage so that i could have less headroom and use it like sort of a homemade amp rig
MUST....BUY.....MORE.......PEDALS.....!
get an attenuator. it takes the energy from the output and lowers the volume by turning some of the energy into heat, while preserving the integrity of the signal.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
Quote by TK1
get an attenuator. it takes the energy from the output and lowers the volume by turning some of the energy into heat, while preserving the integrity of the signal.

It doesn't turn anything into heat as far as I know.
The heat given off is a byproduct. Everything electronic will produce some form of heat whether it be infrared, conduction, convection or any other type of heat.
In an attentuator there is resistors which as you probably can guess... Produce heat.

TS,
The best thing you can do is get an attentuator. There's one called the Hot Plate or something of the like that I've heard good things about.

By the way, "wattage" is not a word. Just one of my pet peeves.
..I was watching my death.
Last edited by timbit2006 at May 17, 2011,
Quote by timbit2006
It doesn't turn anything into heat as far as I know.
The heat given off is a byproduct. Everything electronic will produce some form of heat whether it be infrared, conduction, convection or any other type of heat.
In an attentuator there is resistors which as you probably can guess... Produce heat.

Yep, and how do you think it produces that heat? In fact i'll tell you if you still don't get it; it's from conversion of electrical energy! How else could it possibly produce that heat? It doesn't just get conjured up out of nothing. As far as you know isn't really good enough. If you don't know, don't post. Simples .

Quote by timbit2006

I think you'll find it is actually a word in the english language that you will find in the dictionary. It's not the correct term to refer to electrical power, but it certainly is a word.

http://www.merriam-webstercollegiate.com/dictionary/wattage
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Last edited by eddiehimself at May 17, 2011,
Quote by timbit2006

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/wattage

Sorry...

[edit]
haha eddie beat me to it!
Gear:-
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall DSL50 (In the process of modding!)
Fender 2x12 Deville
Marshall 1960 (V30's)
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson SG Special
Fender 'Marcus Miller' Jazz Bass

My Band
Juturna