Hi. I just got a pod hd 500. Fooled around with it yesterday and i am heavilly (probably because my amp is a spider IV ) impressed with it. I have an issue. When using the usb audio to monitor my pod on the pc through usb i have latency, no matter how low i set the buffer. It is not very big latency but enough to mess with my playing... Is this normal? Am i supposed to have latency like this? And if so when i want to record probably i have to monitor it from the outs of the pod and not from usb?
Ibanez RG2550Z
Line6 Spider IV 150W
your computer's specs please
Gear:
Peavey 6505 120W Head
Ibanez Rga32 (FOR SALE)
Laney Lv412a Cab(FOR SALE)
Soon To Get::
Boss DD20
Morley Bad Horsie II
intel core 2 duo 2.7Ghz
4gb ram ddr2 at 800mhz
Creative xfi fatality sound card
2 hard drives one raptor 80gb at 10.000rpm and one 300gb at 7.200rpm

Edit: forgot to mention, Windows 7
Ibanez RG2550Z
Line6 Spider IV 150W
Last edited by jimskeet2002 at May 17, 2011,
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Download: http://www.asio4all.com/

You'll have to turn off Windows sounds etc. but you'll have no latency.

I think i have installed asio for all like a month ago when i was experimenting with my audio card
Is there any setting i need to do to choose to use this drver for the pod? Cause i didnt see any option. Also i didnt turn of any windows sounds. Do i need to turn off windows sounds in order to get no latency?
Ibanez RG2550Z
Line6 Spider IV 150W
Quote by jimskeet2002
I think i have installed asio for all like a month ago when i was experimenting with my audio card
Is there any setting i need to do to choose to use this drver for the pod? Cause i didnt see any option. Also i didnt turn of any windows sounds. Do i need to turn off windows sounds in order to get no latency?

Go to audio preferences in your DAW, select POD ASIO USB IN OUT.
Thats what I do with my RP.
Quote by GS LEAD 5
Go to audio preferences in your DAW, select POD ASIO USB IN OUT.
Thats what I do with my RP.

When i use a DAW ofc i do that. Else u cant rec the signal. But i mean without using a DAW. I can chose from the sound panel to "listen" to pod so i can monitor it withoun any DAW running.
Ibanez RG2550Z
Line6 Spider IV 150W
Quote by jimskeet2002
When i use a DAW ofc i do that. Else u cant rec the signal. But i mean without using a DAW. I can chose from the sound panel to "listen" to pod so i can monitor it withoun any DAW running.

It wont use ASIO then. Hence massive latency.
Without a DAW or a VST, or SOMETHING that uses ASIO, you'll get shit latency.
EDIT: Windows by default does NOT use ASIO. Especially with the sound control panel. It will just use Direct X IIRC.
And once you do that, please bump the sample rate. Anything below 256 sounds crap IMO. I use 762. Though with a system like yours, I doubt youll have to worry about performance issues.
Last edited by GS LEAD 5 at May 17, 2011,
Quote by GS LEAD 5
It wont use ASIO then. Hence massive latency.
Without a DAW or a VST, or SOMETHING that uses ASIO, you'll get shit latency.
EDIT: Windows by default does NOT use ASIO. Especially with the sound control panel. It will just use Direct X IIRC.
And once you do that, please bump the sample rate. Anything below 256 sounds crap IMO. I use 762. Though with a system like yours, I doubt youll have to worry about performance issues.

Oh... So thats the problem. Well when i go home i will try to make it work with asio and see how it goes. Sample rate u mean from the pods rec sample rate? I am kinda new on this and still learning how things work. If i remember I had the sample rate at 512.

Another question. Even with the latency i can still rec it monitoring through my amp (cause i run my pod in my amp from the 1/4 out) and then sync the track with the rest of the tracks. Right?
Ibanez RG2550Z
Line6 Spider IV 150W
I have no latency and my PC sucks, I just plug it via the USB and it uses its own soundcard?

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb