Hello Guitarists,

I'm learning song by song last song I've completely done is "Always with me, Always with you" by Joe Satriani. and now I want to move to another song.

There are multi songs in the list and I would like to move to Fade To Black by Metallica.

So, am I ready to play this song as I can play some of Joe Satriani songs or this is a hardcore song and not ready to play it.

So what do you suggest, start it or not ready yet.

I know my question Is a bit wired and you will tell me you know yourself better but I want your suggestion to make sure that I'm on the right way.

Thank you
My Gear
Ibanez JS1000
Ibanez RG350EX
Cort CR280
Ibznez GRG170DX
Fender Startocaster American Standard
Yamaha Acoustic CPX500
Hofner Acoustic Guitar
Zoom G2.1NU
Zoom GFX-1
Boss DS-1
Marshall MG50 3/5
How on earth are we supposed to know if you can play the song or not? We don't know your skill level, we don't know what you are capable of, we don't know if you actually can "play" these Satriani songs. I say just go for it and if you can't do it, practice. In the time it took you to start this thread you could've played the intro riff several times through...
In my experience, metallica songs are easy (I'm not saying their bad, they're just not horribly hard compared to most stuff no adays). Its easier to play than it sounds, you just have to practice and not get frustrated because you can't figure it out at first.
Yup, the easiest if I have to say off the top of my head, not counting the solos are probably fade to black, trapped under ice and escape. You shouldn't have a problem playing them by ear. Also if you have a slow down program that'll help if you wanna play it note by note. The whole ride the lightning aldum you could play by ear. Except for call ktulu you wanna take your time with that.
Quote by BryanAdams
Hello Guitarists,

I'm learning song by song last song I've completely done is "Always with me, Always with you" by Joe Satriani. and now I want to move to another song.

There are multi songs in the list and I would like to move to Fade To Black by Metallica.

So, am I ready to play this song as I can play some of Joe Satriani songs or this is a hardcore song and not ready to play it.

So what do you suggest, start it or not ready yet.

I know my question Is a bit wired and you will tell me you know yourself better but I want your suggestion to make sure that I'm on the right way.

Thank you

go for it,sounds like u will nail it,i might try and learn ftb myself,top metallica song
Thanks for all
i'll go for it today
My Gear
Ibanez JS1000
Ibanez RG350EX
Cort CR280
Ibznez GRG170DX
Yamaha Acoustic CPX500
Hofner Acoustic Guitar
Zoom G2.1NU
Zoom GFX-1
Boss DS-1
Marshall MG50 3/5
If you can play Always with me, always with you, then Fade to Black will be easy.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
Quote by Junior#1
If you can play Always with me, always with you, then Fade to Black will be easy.

I can play Fade to Black, not Always with me, Always with you. (CLOSE though) I could play it a year after I pciked up the guitar. Dedication man, dedication.
ESP LTD m400
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ Sanpera I
Dunlop Crybaby Wah pedal
ISP Decimator

"Dream big, and dare to fail. I dare you to do that." - James Hetfield, HoF Speech, 09
Quote by Junior#1

That is the answer I was looking for

Thank you
My Gear
Ibanez JS1000
Ibanez RG350EX
Cort CR280
Ibznez GRG170DX
Yamaha Acoustic CPX500
Hofner Acoustic Guitar
Zoom G2.1NU
Zoom GFX-1