Hello everybody,

When I want to play a song I always struggle with effect tone, so I search for the multieffect processor patch, but can't be satisfied or can't find the song patch at all.

So can anybody tell us a guide of how to make the tone you want on effects. (like where to start and how to follow)

Thank you
My Gear
Ibanez JS1000
Ibanez RG350EX
Cort CR280
Ibznez GRG170DX
Fender Startocaster American Standard
Yamaha Acoustic CPX500
Hofner Acoustic Guitar
Zoom G2.1NU
Zoom GFX-1
Boss DS-1
Marshall MG50 3/5
Quote by WtrPlyr
Yes. Here's a step by step walktrough.

1. Use your ears.

That's it.

This guy has the right idea, but to be more specific, take the time to listen to demonstrations of different kinds of effects so that you learn what reverb, delay, chorus, phaser and so on sounds like, that way you will be able to identify what effects to use when attempting to replicate a tone.
My gear:
Ibanez RG 570 w. Irongear pickups
Tokai EX-55 Korina Explorer
Laney VC50 w. Eminence speakers
Digitech Bad Monkey
TC Electronics Nova Repeater
ISP Decimator
Roland Cube 20X
BC Rich Bronze Series Warlock
Quote by Trailen
This guy has the right idea, but to be more specific, take the time to listen to demonstrations of different kinds of effects so that you learn what reverb, delay, chorus, phaser and so on sounds like, that way you will be able to identify what effects to use when attempting to replicate a tone.

To expand a little, use each of those effects by themselves, without any other effect on at the same time. Tweak all the options for that effect one at a time, see how it effects the sound. For your distortion sound, do the same. Go through each amp model and tweak all the settings one at a time. It takes time, but experience is the best solution for your problem. Theres no real magic settings to match a songs tone... there are just way too many variables (guitar type, amp, micing, EQing, post processing, etc.). The PODs have patches that are supposed to be tones for certain songs... they are somewhat close, I guess, but not super accurate
I usually set the EQ to about 5(12:00, correct?) and I set the gain wherever I feel like I want it. Then I adjust from there. Make sure you use your ears though obviously, usually you can tell if it needs more or less treble, mids, bass, or whatever, but try going both way if you aren't used to it yet. What I mean is, instead of turning the knobs up every time, try turning them down first then up.

I usually start with treble or mids, then do the rest.