Hello,

I'm looking for a good combo amp (solid state or tube) that will have large amounts of gain as well a nice clean tones.

My budget is 700$ and I play stuff from Jimi Hendrix to Cannibal Corpse.

Should I get a Peavey, a Randall , a Blackstar...?

Thanks
Engl Thunder or Screamer maybe? I think those go for 700 or even less used, if you don't have a problem with used gear, then I'd opt for that.
If you want new, the bugera 333XL 212 combo is, I'm thinking right at $700
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

I second the bugera 333xl 212, great distortion, nice cleans, tube amp, amazes me still
carvin mts 3212
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
i played a blackstar ht-club 40 over at sam ash, and imho with one guitar i was able to get something really close to Devildriver, who are melodic death metal. Plus that amp can literally do everything between clean and metal.
See what brand your favourite guitar sounds are coming from and buy one of those. Its all personal opinion ignore everyone except yourself.
So you have about £430?

Look for a 2nd hand ENGL Screamer.

Not alot better for metal/various stuff available for that kind of money in the UK.

You might want to pick up a boost though.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
er... why do you have a union flag if the price is in dollars? did you do the conversion? lots of us here are familiar with pounds, lol.

i'd agree with tom if you are in the UK.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Actually my favorite guitar tones are from Master Of Puppets. The lovely dry sounds from the intro of Welcome Home Sanitarium and the chugging rhythms of Battery are what I'm looking for. Sadly I don't have the money for a Mesa Boogie Dual Rec. or a Roland Jazz.
Can you answer Daves question please?

Either way, the ENGL would be the highest quality amp in your budget.

Metallica didnt use a Dual Rec on MOP anyway so dont worry about it.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Dave_Mc
er... why do you have a union flag if the price is in dollars? did you do the conversion? lots of us here are familiar with pounds, lol.

i'd agree with tom if you are in the UK.

It's because I live in the US but I'm english.
Oh

Because thats so obvious.

Right have a look round for a used 5150/6505 212 if you live in the states.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Sorry about the flag thing, lol.

Anyway thank you everybody, I think I'll be getting an ENGL E330 with an Ibanez tube sceamer.

Hmm, Engl screamer and Tube screamer
no worries, just with different prices in different places it makes it harder to recommend stuff

how much can you pick up a used mesa f series for? that might be worth considering for metallica type tones...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?