Hi guys i want buy a wah wah pedal..... cry baby,cry baby classic,cry baby wah wah who is better?? I can spend around 200 euro(i don't know how much is in $)
any advice?? Thanks.......
P.s.if you haven't understand ask me, my english isn't so good
You should go to a music store and try as many as possible, to see what wah suits you.
I pref. my wh10 ^^
Quote by anfax
You should go to a music store and try as many as possible, to see what wah suits you.
I pref. my wh10 ^^

yeah wh10 = awesome
not too well up on wahs, but avoid the crybaby gcb95, it's rubbish.

with 200 euro you're almost within range of the high-end stuff like rmc and fulltone too
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by crohno
yeah wh10 = awesome

gotta agree i just got one a few weeks back and love it. i did pick up a Morley calssic wah last week ($25 couldn't say no) and found it it to be better than a cry baby.
ive tried em all and im using the kirk hammett model now, sold my crybaby from hell and my wylde wah
the cantrell model is also nice if you like a darker wah sound
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
Just try them all and see what you like. There are as many wahs as there are flavours of ice cream. You've gotta try a few to decide what you really like. =P If you're semi-crafty with a soldering iron, the GCB95 is easy to mod into a usable sound and be tweaked until it's exactly what you want. *shrug*
Epi Explorer
Squier Vintage Modified Tele

Dunlop Crybaby (modded)
TC Polytune
Marshall ED-1
Vexter Box of Rock
Harmonic Jerkulator (home made)
Boss CE-3
Line6 Echo Park

Modified Traynor YCV40
Fender Super Champ XD
motle crew wah
Gear:
Peavey 6505 120W Head
Ibanez Rga32 (FOR SALE)
Laney Lv412a Cab(FOR SALE)
Soon To Get::
Boss DD20
Morley Bad Horsie II
Quote by Harvesterofsrrw
ive tried em all and im using the kirk hammett model now, sold my crybaby from hell and my wylde wah
the cantrell model is also nice if you like a darker wah sound

Yeah!!! Kirk hammet's wah wah is great!! I tried it a few days ago with other pedal but i can't choose!!
None of the above - get a Morley. I like the old Power Wah setup where the on switch is beside the pedal so you can leave the pedal at a set position when you turn it on. I often leave it at a position that accentuates pinch harmonics. Morley's don't have actuator pots to wear out either, all done with LED and LDR.
http://www.morleypedals.com/dpwo.html
Morleys have more bite and are particularly good in front of a high gain amp. Built like a tank too.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Slash_is_a_God
Just try them all and see what you like. There are as many wahs as there are flavours of ice cream. You've gotta try a few to decide what you really like. =P If you're semi-crafty with a soldering iron, the GCB95 is easy to mod into a usable sound and be tweaked until it's exactly what you want. *shrug*

Could ya recommend a mod for the gcb95 have one put away :P would be awesome to try and mod it
Quote by Mark1433
Yeah!!! Kirk hammet's wah wah is great!! I tried it a few days ago with other pedal but i can't choose!!

I tried the Hammet wah but didn't like the fact that you can't turn it off...

I like Vox wahs for funky stuff, cleaner and lower gain sounds. I had a Morley Power Wah, I'll agree it was great for distorted tones but conversely it didn't realy have enough midrange or treble to do a convincing funky quack.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I love my Ibanez WD7. Pretty versatile, and has the switch on the side like the Morley. Only drawback is that it's pretty big, but unless your pedalboard is already gigantic you'll be fine.
Quote by steven seagull

I like Vox wahs for funky stuff, cleaner and lower gain sounds. I had a Morley Power Wah, I'll agree it was great for distorted tones but conversely it didn't realy have enough midrange or treble to do a convincing funky quack.

oh come on, why do people post bullshit like this, i assure you it can be turned off
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
Quote by anfax
Could ya recommend a mod for the gcb95 have one put away :P would be awesome to try and mod it

What don't you like / want to change about it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoaRmVa7_r4

This video is really nice, as the guy isolates how each of the popular mods you can find on the internet affects the stock tone of the wah. IMO, the single most dramatic mod you can do is the sweep cap mod *shrug* Check out GB&C or PM me for more deets.
Epi Explorer
Squier Vintage Modified Tele

Dunlop Crybaby (modded)
TC Polytune
Marshall ED-1
Vexter Box of Rock
Harmonic Jerkulator (home made)
Boss CE-3
Line6 Echo Park

Modified Traynor YCV40
Fender Super Champ XD
Last edited by Slash_is_a_God at May 18, 2011,
Quote by steven seagull

Quote by Harvesterofsrrw
oh come on, why do people post bullshit like this, i assure you it can be turned off

it's a joke, jeez
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?