I'm looking for a new combo amp thats high gain, high wattage, two channels with separate EQs, two 12" inch speakers (or one), series effects loop and able to plug into a separate cabinet. i have had a look at the Marshall MG102FX amp but i've seen bad reviews about it. is the MG102FX able to get high gain? i have a budget of $1000.
Thanks
What type of music do you play?
And for $1000 you should be able to get a better amp than an mg
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

Quote by FireFromTheVoid
What type of music do you play?
And for $1000 you should be able to get a better amp than an mg

Stuff like creed to metallica. but i also like blues every now and then.
If you have $1000 don't waste it on an MG series. You can almost get a new 6505 combo. You could get one used for sure for around $600.00. We are talking USD right?
"For we are nothing without brotherhood and brotherhood is nothing without our brothers" -We Came As Romans
Quote by xkreedx
If you have $1000 don't waste it on an MG series. You can almost get a new 6505 combo. You could get one used for sure for around $600.00. We are talking USD right?

no Australian dollers. i tried a 6505+ combo and it seemed to lack gain. idk if it wasnt set up properly but not enuff gain.
Quote by pyrofication
no Australian dollers. i tried a 6505+ combo and it seemed to lack gain. idk if it wasnt set up properly but not enuff gain.

The 6505+ should definitely have enough gain. Either you didn't tweak the controls right, or something was wrong with the amp.
Gear:
Gibson SG Special Faded
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
Quote by Major Sparky
The 6505+ should definitely have enough gain. Either you didn't tweak the controls right, or something was wrong with the amp.

i think something was wrong with the amp. i had the lead channel on with the pre gain all the way up and the post gain half way. how much gain does the 6505+ have? can u compare it to other amps plz?
Quote by pyrofication
i think something was wrong with the amp. i had the lead channel on with the pre gain all the way up and the post gain half way. how much gain does the 6505+ have? can u compare it to other amps plz?

Enough to strip the paint of a wall at 15 yards.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
yeah a 6505 is one of the highest gain amps out there
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by pyrofication

I would take another look and mess with the settings more. Those things have a lot of gain.
"For we are nothing without brotherhood and brotherhood is nothing without our brothers" -We Came As Romans
yeah pre is gain, post is volume
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by pyrofication
no Australian dollers. i tried a 6505+ combo and it seemed to lack gain . idk if it wasnt set up properly but not enuff gain.

Ibanez RGR421EXFM >> Maxon OD808 >> BOSS NS-2 >> Peavey 5150 212