Anyone have experience with these pickups? Planning to change my pickups to these on my Ibanez RG, emailed the guys at SD, said these were the ones to go for metal, lead tones, clarity etc.

Personal experiences for anyone with these pickups? Would you recommend others?

Thanks
Quote by IMTHAMAN01013
I named my guitar after my GF once... It was tempremental, the neck was too fat, and I couldn't turn down the volume, just like her...
keep the sh-6 in mind, bit higher output, very cutting, strong mids
I put Dimarzios in my RG, and while I may not get the exact same pickups again, they definitely make it sound great for both cleans and distortion. I've never had experience with SD's tho.

I'm assuming you're also wanting to stay away from actives?
LTD EC-1000 VB
Ibanez RG3EXFM1 (Dimarzio Mo' Joe in bridge, PAF Joe in neck, and Sperzels)
KFG Custom
Ibanez RG2550Z Galaxy White
Epiphone Thunderhorse Explorer

Marshall AVT 275
Quote by gman128
is ur RG made of basswood?

Yup. Basswood body, rosewood fingerboard and locking trem if that helps.
Quote by IMTHAMAN01013
I named my guitar after my GF once... It was tempremental, the neck was too fat, and I couldn't turn down the volume, just like her...
Quote by Blbmbr666
I put Dimarzios in my RG, and while I may not get the exact same pickups again, they definitely make it sound great for both cleans and distortion. I've never had experience with SD's tho.

I'm assuming you're also wanting to stay away from actives?

Yeah, dont like actives ._.

I also talked to dimarzio, but i'm leaning more to SD. But, if more ppl recommend it then i guess i'll check it em out again
Quote by IMTHAMAN01013
it's up to you, really. you can't really talk about whole brands, you need to talk about specific models. There are dimarzios i quite like and dimarzios i hate. ditto duncan.

the custom is one of the nicer duncans, imo.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?