Hey, I'm looking for an overdrive pedal for around £100. I play a Gibson Les Paul Standard through a Marshall Vintage Modern 2266. I play mainly classic rock and blues. Led Zeppelin, Guns 'N Roses, Jimi Hendrix, Queen, Bon Jovi etc.

I will be buying off of the internet most probably.

I've been looking at the Fulltone OCD, Ibanez Tubescreamer Ts9 and the Rothwell Hellbender.

Thanks for your help.
Here's a question, why do you feel you need one? Because unless you want to tighten up the sound or change the EQ or something, the VM should do all of the things you listed quite well.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
^ unless he's looking for a solo boost?
Quote by Spaztikko
Imagine the part of the ballsack where occasionally old poo sticks to the pubes and hardens, and you then have to pull out, but as an amp. That's an MG.

Greatest quote of all time?

I think so...
Quote by Artemis Entreri
Here's a question, why do you feel you need one? Because unless you want to tighten up the sound or change the EQ or something, the VM should do all of the things you listed quite well.

He probably wants a boost in gain, volume, or something for some solos or something....who knows. I believe him. I would go with the Ts9 though I like it the best of your options. I do like the Yngwie Dod308 YJM overdrive a lot too if you'd like to look into that. I own the YJM overdrive it I absolutely love it's sound through my carvin legacy.
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard | Gibson SG | Casio PG 380 | Dave Mustaine VMNT | Digitech Whammy | Carvin Legacy head |
Carvin V3 combo | MXR Custom Badass Overdrive | Dunlop Jerry Cantrell Wah | Rocktron Banshee | Ibanez PG Flanger
Quote by Artemis Entreri

Yeah it's for a solo boost mainly. Sound wise, the VM is incredible and can nail GnR, Led Zeppelin and just about any old school rock band out there
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
Yeah it's for a solo boost mainly. Sound wise, the VM is incredible and can nail GnR, Led Zeppelin and just about any old school rock band out there

I would get the TS9 then.
"For we are nothing without brotherhood and brotherhood is nothing without our brothers" -We Came As Romans
the ocd i think is a great pedal for what you play. it is more distortion and less overdrive if you catch my drift. another great pedal is the fulltone fulldrive 2 mofset. loads of compression through it, great sound. modeled after a ts808
Gibson 58 VOS, Gibson Rich Robinson ES-335, Fender Strat, Fender RoadWorn 50's Tele, Gibson LP Jr Special

Marshall JTM45, Fender BJR NOS
TS9!

I use mine for several things, a clean boost, solo boost, tightening up my gain. I can't express enough my love for the Ibanez TS9.

Check out my band! Endeavor

Fender American Deluxe Telecaster (little 59')
Peavey 5150 II
Orange PPC412
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-3
Monster Power Pro 900
Korg Pitchblack Pro
Sennheiser EW 172 Wireless
Carvin 6 space rack
check out the Digitech Tube overdrive as it can do the tubescreamer thing and has a mod switch that kicks up the gain for more metally type stuff. it has a very responsive 2 band EQ as well.
Yeah, for a boost definitely go TS9 or one of digitechs new line of pedals. I would avoid the OCD as it's more of a....it will change your tone a lot more than an lighter OD pedal.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712