Hey guys, I am thinking about investing in strap locks for my EC 1000 but have a few questions.

Do you guys have any suggestions as to which are good quality for the price? I am looking a these atm :http://www.amazon.com/Schaller-Guitar-Strap-Buttons-Nickel/dp/B000960KNW/ref=sr_1_4?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1305647265&sr=1-4

The reviews say that these strap locks might not be the correct size for some guitars so I might have to do some drilling or something else to modify my guitar to fit these strap locks.

I highly prefer not to do something like this so I am asking if anyone has an EC 1000 and these straplocks and if they had to do something of that nature.

Also, if anyone has the ec 1000, which strap locks work best for you?
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Roland Cube 30x
Line 6 Pod X3 Live
LTD Ec-1000
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
get two of these

quite expensive but you get a free beer for each one

e: oh and seriously, if the screw is thinner than the one of your current strap lock you would need to drill a smaller hole next to the original, if its bigger then you will just need to screw it in by hand in the existing hole, although sometimes doing this can erode the threading and cause the strap lock itself to pull out under force - i prefer to drill a fresh (tiny) guide hole
Last edited by funeralllllllll at May 17, 2011,
Get the Dimarzio Cliplock Strap
My Gear
Peavey Ultra Plus
Ibanez RGA42FM with EMG 81/85 with 18 volt mod
Marshall Valvestate VS102R
Ibanez TS9
Schecter C1FR
MXR M-109 EQ