I'm just curious, is there a difference between those two degrees? Obviously a mixing engineer is more specifically toward mixing but I don't see any audio schools offering a Mixing Engineer degree, just an Audio Engineering one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemicalFire
You're plugging an interface into an interface...

Interfaception

Pls tell me what is Interfaception. and how to solve.

If there are no schools offering a mixing engineer degree, then is there really a mixing engineer degree?

I would think the mixing would fall under the normal audio engineering degree as well.

EDIT: Maybe some schools let you pick a specific area of audio engineering to study on top of the regular audio engineering.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Elite
Squier Strat
Fender Acoustic
Line 6 POD XT-Live
Blackstar HT-1 Combo
Last edited by butterfingers30 at May 17, 2011,
Audio is the larger field of study that includes among other tasks:
- soundtaking,
- live mixing,
- live PA,
- live recording ... and so on...
A mixing engineer is typically something you work yourself into. They are more specialized and work most often freelance. That's why there's no degree. You get trained in audio engineering and hone your mixing skills until you are sought after for mixing projects.
Quote by suppositron
A mixing engineer is typically something you work yourself into. They are more specialized and work most often freelance. That's why there's no degree. You get trained in audio engineering and hone your mixing skills until you are sought after for mixing projects.

that makes sense. thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemicalFire
You're plugging an interface into an interface...

Interfaception

Pls tell me what is Interfaception. and how to solve.

well I have a degree in Audio Production and Media from The New England Institute of Art and basically all I did for three and a half years was learn how to mix. (Did learn how to track as well)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
'04 Tony Iommi Signature SG
'66 Harmony Bobkat
a mix enginner is a audio engineer , theese days you will record , mix anmd then possibly send the audio to a specilized area called mastering , where you get mastering enginners
jackson dk2 2008
hamer xt sunburst qt
epiphone g400
peavey vk212
morley p wah
behringer pb1000
dige bm
big muff ny
behringer dc 9 comp
member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

£8.50/58fund for a ROCKTRON HUSH SUPER C PEDAL