Im looking for a guitar that plays both metal anf grunge well for about £600 and just wanted the input of other people to guide me. I have been looking at guitars such as the fender mexican deluxe lonestar and blacktop stratocaster and just wondered if there are any other guitars worth looking at and buying.

Any help would be appreciated.
yeah look further afield than fender

ltds are pretty dear here... not sure if you could get one for that or not (unless a shop's having a sale, which does sometimes happen).

what do you mean by metal and grunge?

what's your amp?

do you play at home or gig, or both?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Ive got a vox ac15 and a marshall haze 40 i have looked further afield than fender e.g. esp ltd i just cant find any decent guitar shops that sell them near me. I play both at home and gig.
Look for used higher end Jacksons , Ltd's , Agile and maybe Carvin.
- - - - - - - - - - -
ok, cool

what do you mean by metal and grunge- can you name some bands?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Any opinions on some the original kramer guitars e.g. baretta, sustainer cause ive heard there quite good
original kramers wont do the modern stuff, better for thrash, classic rock/metal, hair metal etc etc
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Original Kramers do any kind of metal and grunge well. Good luck finding an American made Kramer for that price, though.

Check into newer Charvels and some of the mid range Jacksons.
Quote by GuitarGeekAGard
Nirvana, Mudhoney, Iron Maiden, Metallica

thanks

not too well up on mudhoney but i'm reasonably familiar with the other ones.

some kind of superstrat would probably work...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by stoic
Original Kramers do any kind of metal and grunge well. Good luck finding an American made Kramer for that price, though.

Check into newer Charvels and some of the mid range Jacksons.

Actually on ebay theres plenty of original kramers for less than that, quite a few original charvels too
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
I have an 82 Ibanez Destroyer II DT400. It rips. Seriously. I haven't tried any of the newer ones, but I've heard meh things about them.
Ibanez RG1451

- Thin HP Wizard Prestige neck
- HSH [V6F, RTS, V6F2]
-Superstrat body shape
and more

You're gonna love it.
It's £575 from GAK website
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Quote by Woffelz
Ibanez RG1451

- Thin HP Wizard Prestige neck
- HSH [V6F, RTS, V6F2]
-Superstrat body shape
and more

You're gonna love it.
It's £575 from GAK website

Thanks that guitar looks awesome ill have a look
Quote by GuitarGeekAGard
Nirvana, Mudhoney, Iron Maiden, Metallica
2/4 here play Fenders primarily. Iron Maiden almost exclusively played strats, and Cobain used strats, mustangs, and jags

I say go with a humbucking strat w dimarzio. Killer tone, and killer cleans when you're done shredding it up.
Fender Stratocaster USA Deluxe 2005
MIJ Fender Contemporary Stratocaster '85-'86 HSS System I DiMarzio SD Bridge
Epiphone 2010 Les Paul Tribute
Ibanez AW30ECE Acoustic
Line 6 IV 75w (lol)
Last edited by guitar nubsauce at May 17, 2011,
I wouldn't recommend ordering from GAK. I've had rather bad experiences with them dude. Just warning you