Never played one personally, but I like the demos for them. I play a mixture of jazz, blues, pretty delay effected clean passages, and a variety of rock. It fits in my price range if I look used. Is there anyone who can vouch for them or another Traynor model?
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Vox Night Train 15 head w/Weber loaded 1x12
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
Klone circuit/Russian Big Muff 2in 1
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
TC Electronic Nova Delay
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Line 6 M5
i had the ycs100 head,, and it was a great amp. Traynor make really nice stuff, and I haven't seen anyone who's owned one not like it.
i've tried the non-wr version... think it's the same thing apart from cosmetics and a worse speaker.

I liked it, and I reckon it'd do what you want.

Which is not to say there aren't other options too- depends on what price you're getting it for, what other options are available etc.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Traynor is a fantastic amp company. I'd highly recommend any of their products. In buying a Traynor tube amp, you're getting a Marshall quality product with a significantly discounted price. Traynor amps are often referred to as "Marshall Killers." Definitely a good buy.
Petey D

Ankle Burner & World Class Sauce Jockey

Sparrow Big Daddy Ace

Sparrow Ratrod Boss

Johnson JT50 Mirage
I gig with a modded YCV40, and it's surreal. I'd recommend it in a heart beat.
Epi Explorer
Squier Vintage Modified Tele

Dunlop Crybaby (modded)
TC Polytune
Marshall ED-1
Vexter Box of Rock
Harmonic Jerkulator (home made)
Boss CE-3
Line6 Echo Park

Modified Traynor YCV40
Fender Super Champ XD
So would it cut through a live mix well and would it take overdrive pedals well? I'd most likely be using a couple pedals to round out the variety of lower to medium gain tones, so I'd probably just keep the lead channel crunchy and sustaining (think the amount of distortion from the Nothing Is Sound album by Switchfoot or The Feel Good Drag by Anberlin).
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
TC Electronic Nova Delay
Line 6 M5
The WR cuts more though the mix because of the vintage 30.

I love my non WR. Metal grille, thick plywood cabinet with dovetail joints, Auto bias circuit keeps it practically noise free, and a fantastic warranty, even if you get smashed and smash it!

Gain is decent, especially for an amp with only 3 preamp tubes, gets decent bottom end, not too much chugga chugga though. Great for pearl jam, RHCP, AFI, etc. But responds well to a little boost. I have to keep the boost on at all times though, without it, it's a little anemic.

The only things wrong with mine were the reverb went out 6 months after I got it. I just resoldered the springs and all is well. You can even stick KT77's in there and it transforms the whole amp!

It's great for that price range.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Last edited by Reincaster at May 18, 2011,
I have a WR and have used it a lot since I bought it. I actually used it to play live on the radio over my Fender Twin, and still use it occasionally at some small gigs.
I've also played a 300-ppl venue with it unmic'd, and it drowned the PA.

It sounds pretty good, is VERY reliable (still have the original tubes and all 5 years after, and haven't always been gentle) and everything. I definitely trust it enough to gig without a backup, too, which isn't the case for the Fender Twin.

Also, the EQ knobs cover a very wide range, especially in the bottom end, and the bright switch lets you have pretty much any clean sound you might want. For the longest time, I actually liked it better than the Twin soundwise.
Cool. See, what I want is a reliable tube amp with a good and tweakable clean channel and a lead channel that can be tweaked to handle a variety of rock styles (not super heavy "chugga chugga" stuff). If it can do all this and last me a few years until I decide I'd like something better, than I'll definitely look into it.
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
TC Electronic Nova Delay
Line 6 M5
Quote by sg4ever
Cool. See, what I want is a reliable tube amp with a good and tweakable clean channel and a lead channel that can be tweaked to handle a variety of rock styles (not super heavy "chugga chugga" stuff). If it can do all this and last me a few years until I decide I'd like something better, than I'll definitely look into it.

Well damn, you have a crunchbox. that's plenty of chugga chuggah anyways. When I don't want to lug the JSX or the Stiletto, I use the traynor and a crunchbox.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra