I found this guitar...

http://backstage.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/epiphone-limited-edition-1966-g-400-electric-guitar

...in a local music store in town. He'll offer me a trade for my older Greg Bennett guitar plus the difference in price, at the same internet value. Should I do it? I kind of like it better than what I have. The scale length feels more appropriate for me, it's light, and it doesn't sound any worse than what I have.
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Vox Night Train 15 head w/Weber loaded 1x12
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
Klone circuit/Russian Big Muff 2in 1
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
TC Electronic Nova Delay
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Line 6 M5
No input? I plan to probably swap the pickups out and such. I don't feel like making such an investment on the Greg Bennett so I was wondering if a pickup swap would be worth it on the Epiphone, since it plays well.
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
TC Electronic Nova Delay
Line 6 M5
I would try and save up for a little higher quality, perhaps a used gibson sg faded studio unless you are dead set on that finish. It might be more expensive, but I think that the quality will be better in the long haul.
Honk
Well, I would, but I need to save up for other more important expenses. I'm only doing this, because I can get a higher trade at this music store. I'd only have to pay the difference between the two guitars and I won't miss what I'm trading.
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
TC Electronic Nova Delay
Line 6 M5
I'm not sure if I'm explaining myself well. I'd only have to part with $200 or so plus my Greg Bennett. I've been unhappy with it, because that 24 inch scale is getting on my nerves and it's too dark sounding. Perhaps I've already answered my own question, but other than the save up for something even better, can someone steer towards something better in THIS situation? I'm kind of torn because I'm not sure what do before my paycheck comes in this month and I'm playing somewhere next month and won't get my payed again until after the event is over.
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
TC Electronic Nova Delay
Line 6 M5
It's a very decent guitar. Quality shouldn't be too much of an issue. These are great guitars to mod as well. I think it's a pretty fair deal for the trade though.
"For we are nothing without brotherhood and brotherhood is nothing without our brothers" -We Came As Romans
sound like it would be a good deal for you. If you like it who cares what others think. You may feal the need to swap p/u's, but some people I know like the Epi p/u's. I have a Vintage G-400 and it plays extreamly well, and sounds awesome since I put an SH-4 in the bridge. I get asked why I play it over my PRS live, and all I can say is it is awesome.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Well, I might be able to get it down to $150 plus the trade.
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
TC Electronic Nova Delay
Line 6 M5
Quote by sg4ever
Well, I might be able to get it down to $150 plus the trade.

That would be a very good deal. I have no complaints about the G-400. Eventually you may want to swap pickups in the future.
"For we are nothing without brotherhood and brotherhood is nothing without our brothers" -We Came As Romans
To be honest, I wouldn't do the trade. I think that you'd be better well suited with a Agile for example, or a Vintage (it's the actual name of the make), which would be better, since their equivalent models to that would be better and cheaper. Plus you could choose another model incase you'd prefer it over an SG.
Another thing which I don't really agree about the trade would be that your paying from about 50-100$ just for that "limited edition paint job". I kinda find it cool, but then again your not gonna get an ugly beast with another other SG, LP, or whatever you settle with. I think spending that kind of money on looks when you've got a low budget like yours would be a waste.

Of course, you get the final word, though, if you ask me, I think it'd be much worth it waiting and getting something from around 200-300$, but from Agile, so you don't have to pay for the Epiphone writing, and even more added to that for some paint.
Lol, just passing by google, look what I found:
http://www.rondomusic.com/al2000slvr.html

or even the same paintwork, plus EMG's (dunno if you dig those kind of pick-ups, but they are pretty darn good coming from a 280$ guitar.

And if you dig these paintjobs:
http://www.rondomusic.com/dauntlessemgtribal.html

And a LP with a bigsby vibrato, which just the vibrato alone costs between 100-150$ (without costs of actually mounting it on a guitar if you bought the vibrato alone), and all that for 300$.
http://www.rondomusic.com/AL25002TSFLAMEbigsby.html
Last edited by jpcl at May 19, 2011,
Quote by jpcl
To be honest, I wouldn't do the trade. I think that you'd be better well suited with a Agile for example, or a Vintage (it's the actual name of the make), which would be better, since their equivalent models to that would be better and cheaper. Plus you could choose another model incase you'd prefer it over an SG.
Another thing which I don't really agree about the trade would be that your paying from about 50-100$ just for that "limited edition paint job". I kinda find it cool, but then again your not gonna get an ugly beast with another other SG, LP, or whatever you settle with. I think spending that kind of money on looks when you've got a low budget like yours would be a waste.

Of course, you get the final word, though, if you ask me, I think it'd be much worth it waiting and getting something from around 200-300$, but from Agile, so you don't have to pay for the Epiphone writing, and even more added to that for some paint.

He's trading it at a local shop. He's not buying off of musician's friend. He just used that as a reference.
Quote by jpcl
Lol, just passing by google, look what I found:
http://www.rondomusic.com/al2000slvr.html

or even the same paintwork, plus EMG's (dunno if you dig those kind of pick-ups, but they are pretty darn good coming from a 280$ guitar.

And if you dig these paintjobs:
http://www.rondomusic.com/dauntlessemgtribal.html

And a LP with a bigsby vibrato, which just the vibrato alone costs between 100-150$ (without costs of actually mounting it on a guitar if you bought the vibrato alone), and all that for 300$.
http://www.rondomusic.com/AL25002TSFLAMEbigsby.html

Those are the shit version of EMG's.. All of those are out of the TS's price range that he stated..
Quote by xkreedx
Those are the shit version of EMG's.. All of those are out of the TS's price range that he stated..

I never said they were high-end EMG's. Besides, you'll want EMG's for more metal-oriented stuff, and even the "shittiest EMG's" of all will be relatively good and better then normal passive pickups.

He also said he would have to give his guitar plus 150-200$, so these are maximum 100$ away from that said budget. But then again, when you got a guitar that you were planning to give in exchange, trying to sell it for 50$ or so and buying these wouldn't be much of a problem either.

So I don't see what's all the fuss about.
Quote by xkreedx
He's trading it at a local shop. He's not buying off of musician's friend. He just used that as a reference.

My point still stands.