"We, alongside the Mujahideen, bled Russia for 10 years, until it went bankrupt and was forced to withdraw in defeat ... So we are continuing this policy in bleeding America to the point of bankruptcy... Every dollar of al Qaeda defeated a million dollars, by the permission of Allah, besides the loss of a huge number of jobs," he said. "As for the economic deficit, it has reached record astronomical numbers estimated to total more than a trillion dollars." - Osama bin Laden, 2004

We have killed him - 3 trillion dollars on the war, 1.65 trillion in deficit, and 7 trillion dollars on the public debt later.

The terrorists win.

---

Facebook post. Probably a copy-paste, but still.

What are your thoughts? I know Osama's supposed death isn't hot anymore, but America has the attention span of a flea.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Well, they keep on wasting money on war, if you take a look at the site of Rise Against, then you'll find a counter somewhere which counts the amount of money the USA is spending on war. And that's a lot. But as I'm not an American, I guess it's not my problem.
Quote by PsiGuy60
Banned because f*ck you Hebriqui.
I'd been going for a month or so.

Quote by Peres.T.Peanut
oh **** you
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
The awkward moment when the US realises they spent 11.65 trillion dollars killing one man.
Quote by SlinkyBlue
Osama's supposed death

Please don't do this.
Quote by Nosferatu Man

T-shirts are a sign of degeneration and decline.
God, I'm sick of people saying Afghanistan was a hunt for Bin Laden. At best, it started that way.

And + 1 to leeb.
Quote by gabcd86
God, I'm sick of people saying Afghanistan was a hunt for Bin Laden. At best, it started that way.

And + 1 to leeb.

Your point is also a good one. Congratulations.
Quote by Nosferatu Man

much as i'm against war, what's the alternative? They could hardly just let osama stay and plot could they.
Also, Osama needs to lrn2militaryKeynesianism. The US economy would implode without its military spending.
The expenditure on war has undoubtedly cost the average american an awful lot in terms of quality of life, and probably killed far more people than the 9/11 attacks did.

However, assuming that the people who run America give a shit about that is silly.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by willT08
Those numbers seem like underestimates.

I was thinking the same thing actually.
Quote by willT08
Those numbers seem like underestimates.

WWII cost somewhere around $5 trillion, at the modern relative rate.
This is just under $1.2 trillion. Yeah, I'd say underestimate.

Quote by SlinkyBlue

If Pakistan were caught out to be harbouring him, against the alliance with the US, then of course they're going to cover it up.
Al Qaeda already confirmed, and began their retribution for OBL's death.
Last edited by ShadesOfNight at May 17, 2011,
Quote by SlinkyBlue

God damnit you're stupid.

So some randoms in a pakistan market are better placed to make judgement on this than both the Pentagon, the Taliban and Saudi Arabia who negotiated over the body? You don't think someone might spill the beans or slip up? Really?

EDIT: Also worth pointing out the BBC clearly don't believe it's a hoax.
Quote by Nosferatu Man

Last edited by leeb rocks at May 17, 2011,
Quote by Aeolian Harmony
I was thinking the same thing actually.

And pretty large ones at that.
Quote by leeb rocks
God damnit you're stupid.

So some randoms in a pakistan market are better placed to make judgement on this than both the Pentagon, the Taliban and Saudi Arabia who negotiated over the body? You don't think someone might spill the beans or slip up? Really?

EDIT: Also worth pointing out the BBC clearly don't believe it's a hoax.

You do understand that I wrote that entire first post, and while editing, decided to include the word "supposed" in an attempt to specifically irk you and Jackal58.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison