Hey i am cleaning my jackson rr24 right now the strings are all off and i even unscrewed and took off the floyd rose to see if i can replace the screws that keep it in place but couldn`t find any knew ones but the screws should last till next string changing. this is my first time restring a floyd rose completly and i am watching step by step videos on youtube on how to do it, however i only have Dr 10-46 gauge strings can i use these for D standard tuning, I just need to set up so i can practice in this tuning i use the whammy bar so will the tension be to tight. And how do i check to see if my intonation is set up for D standard. Thanks for all the help guys UG members rock!
"
Every band that is favored in the genre sells-out and commercializes... That's just the way it is :/"

ESP SV standard
Ibanez RG7321
http://www.floydrose.com/bridges/OriginalFloydRoseInfo.php#basic_topic_1

"Step 1:
Tune all the strings on your guitar to an electronic tuner with all the nut clamps released.

Step 2:
Determine if the intonation of the string you wish to change is sharp or flat by chiming the string directly over the 12th and checking the tuning. Then, carefully press the string down to the 12th fret and check the tuning again with the string fretted. If the fretted note is flat when compared to the chimed note, then the saddle must be moved toward the nut until the chimed note and the fretted note match. If the fretted note is sharp when compared to the chimed note the saddle must be moved away from the nut until the chimed and fretted notes match.

To move the saddle:

Step 1:
Once you have determined which direction (toward or away from the nut) to move the saddle, loosen the string until it is limp.

Step 2:
Loosen the attachment screw holding the saddle to the bridge plate while holding the saddle in place. Move the saddle in the desired direction a small amount (about 1/16in on the first adjustment and your best guess on subsequent adjustments) and re-tighten the screw.

Step 3:
Re-tune the string and check the intonation again using the procedure outlined above (check the intonation).

Step 4:
Repeat this cycle until each string is properly intonated.
When you’re finished with the intonation procedure re-tighten the nut clamps. This will not change your intonation setting."

Courtesy of the FR website. 10-46 will be fine in D. There won't be that much tension however. But that's just my opinion because i like a lot of tension.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at May 17, 2011,
Yeah, I use that gauge for D standard.
To check if it's intonated, play fretted notes and listen if they're in tune.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
ok thank you guys im new to this so helpful alot What about this warning slip they put in the DR tite-fit string package its like prevent dead strings, Avoid loss of intonation. anyone read this im so confused oh my gosh taking hours to do this and i may not even do it right, but i cant afford paying $50 to get my floyd roses restrung so i want to do it myself any further help is much appreciated!!!
"
Every band that is favored in the genre sells-out and commercializes... That's just the way it is :/"

ESP SV standard
Ibanez RG7321
bump....
"

ESP SV standard
Ibanez RG7321
help me please.... lol
"

ESP SV standard
Ibanez RG7321