So I currently own a Bugera 6262 Head matched with a 2x12 Bugera Cab, I was watching some videos on youtube about the vypyr 120 (head version) and I kinda like it more than the 6262, I haven't heard it in IRL yet tought... So what do you guys think? Should I change my full tube 6262 Head for the Hybrid Vypyr 120H??. Also Im not a pedal guy, so I rather have an Hybrid amp with effects instead of a Full tube head + tons of pedals. Any thoughts???. I mainly play heavy/thrash/death metal
good luck with that one man!
you will be wishing you kept the 6262. there is just so much more organic quality's to a 6505 clone compared to a heavy but digital sounding vypyr.
um, see what you like better?
~~~~~~
LTD EC-256 - AGED VINTAGE BLACK
Schecter C-1 Plus - BLACK CHERRY
Peavey 6505+ 112
BOSS NS2
DigiTech Bad Monkey OD
Maxon SD9

~~~~~~
It would really be a downgrade more than anything although if you prefer the vyper, then buy that. Try it out first though.
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
I would personally keep the 6262. The Vypyr head is no where near as good for heavy metal.
I don't have any experience with the Bugera, but I can tell you that the Vypyr is great. I've only heard positive things from owners of the Tube 60/120.

Vypyr+The Sanpera II is a good combo. The 6505 model is very close to the real thing, and it has many boost/overdrive stomp boxes, so there's a variety of distorted tones. I think it's a good amp for your needs.

I don't know why there's all this negativity around the Vypyy just because it is a modeling amp. It's not just 'some modeling amp' that is digital sounding.
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Godin Velocity
Peavey Vypyr 15 Watt
AMT WH1 Japanese Girl Wah
Marshall BB-2 Boost/OD
Joyo JF-07 Classic Flanger
Joyo JF-37 Analog Chorus
^ the vypyr is great fir what it is ^

But! I wouldn't trade either. The 6262 really sounds great for metal and certain rock genre's.

Only reason is if you like the vypyr more, but I dont, and I bet you won't either.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Quote by surface54
good luck with that one man!
you will be wishing you kept the 6262. there is just so much more organic quality's to a 6505 clone compared to a heavy but digital sounding vypyr.

You sound like someone who hasn't played the tube Vypyr. So stop making an unfair judgement, the Vypyr tube doesn't sound digitial, I own it, and have owned and played many tube heads and it stands up well to a lot of them. Specifically for metal. I have tried the 6262, it sounded pretty fizzy at low volumes but sounded really nice cranked. The Vypyr sounds much better at lower volumes, some of the effects on the Vypyr are sub par, but the delays and reverbs are quite nice. I'd probably keep the 6262 unless you really need the extra versatility offered by the Vypyr.
#ENTITLED
WENGER OUT!!!

lastfm
Quote by Somekid94
The Vypyr head is no where near as good for heavy metal.

EL OH EL WUT!?!?!

the vypyr has SIX amp models that can do metal
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Last edited by WTF!!is a TAB at May 17, 2011,
After playing a Vypyr 120 head, I'm a firm believer that those things kick a lot of ass. The 6505 sounds like a real 6505 (To me), and it sounds great even when put side to side with some full tube amps.

It's basically changed my mind from getting a 6505+ 112 to getting a Vypyr tube 60 112.
The 6262 is good for what it does and even though I like the cleans more than the Peaveys they clone, they still are not the most versetile amp ever created. The Vypyr will be able to do a lot more and do it really well. Its not unheard of for a person to like the 6505 channel on the vypyr to like it better than the real thing. you can also get some different metal tones from it. The only issue with hte vypyr compared to the 6262 is it just doenst have that low end roar that I cant really describe that the 6262 has. It really depends on what your looking for.
I've played both and I personally like the Vypyr 60 better. All the amp models on there (XXX, JSX, 6505, Dual Rec, Diezel) make me jizz my shorts. It sounds better at low volumes too than the 6262. The 6262 is fucking loud.

Now for gigging and strait up tube amp dynamics the 6262 might win.