So I really like the sound and feel of Ibanez guitars (RG series and stuff), and I would like a hard-tail version for practicing and switching tunings (is this a good idea without setting it up for the tunings desired? I obviously can't buy a guitar for every tuning I use).

Now the thing is: I'm not that good on cash right now and I got an LTD Viper 100FM, which I am afraid of not using anymore after I bought an Ibanez. So I thought I would sell it, as I HATE the neck dipping on the thing. But on the other hand I'm not a guy who usually sells gear or something like that and it's also my first ever guitar.

What should I do? Sell it or keep it?

Further more: any suggestions for a Ibanez double cut with humbuckers and 24 frets and a nice smooth neck? Not too expensive (350€ maybe 400, but that's it) though.

Thanks!

Obviously:

In the Netherlands;
Used? Sure, but new is fine too;
Genre's: rock, hard rock, metal, post-hardcore/metalcore maybe.
Current gear: check my nice sig!
Gear:

Guitars:
LTD Viper 100FM
Ibanez RG320PG P2 (For sale*)
Ibanez RGA32 (w/ IronGear pups)
Epiphone Pro-1

Amps:
Vox VT15
or
Vox Tonelab EX
- through -
Peavey KB-300

* = PM me for more details

Quote by Willowthewitch

The actual correct answer
i'd keep what you have, save some money and then buy what you want, because then you'll have backup guitar just in case
PRS SE Torero | Fender MIM Tele | Jackson RR3

Bugera TriRec Infinium | Randall RH50T

Marshall 1960AV

Soundcloud
Band Facebook
If you don't like the guitar then sell it. I've got a piece-o-crap squier that was my first guitar but I bought a new one and I want to sell the squier.
Look at the Ibanez RGA series. they are hardtail and are available in cheaper and more expensive models
Gear:
Gibson SG w/ Bare Knuckle Aftermaths
Early 90s Fender MIM Telecaster
Squier VM Jaguar
Ibanez RGD7421
Blackstar HT-100
Avatar Vintage w/ 2 Governors and 2 Swamp Thangs
Ibanez EX
Carvin bx500 w/ Peavey 2x10&1x15
How about Omar Rodriguez Lopez signature model? It only has one humbucker, but i think it fits your other needs.
Just do an even trade for what you need. Put want ads on whatever the Dutch version of Craigslist is offering to do an even trade for a hardtail RG series guitar. If nobody bites you lose nothing. If people try to trade you crap you don't want, ignore them and you lose nothing. But don't sell a cheap guitar just to use as a down payment on something else.
Quote by Unholy.Daemon
i'd keep what you have, save some money and then buy what you want, because then you'll have backup guitar just in case

Yeah, I figured this myself too. Sounds like nice, reasonable suggestion. Also: there is no such thing as 'too much' guitars, eh? :P

Quote by trappedbymusic
If you don't like the guitar then sell it. I've got a piece-o-crap squier that was my first guitar but I bought a new one and I want to sell the squier.

Yeah, but it's pretty neat for Drop C chugga-chugga (system of a down, with my band). And maybe good for recording stuff like Rhythm guitar.

Quote by CemetaryGates90
Look at the Ibanez RGA series. they are hardtail and are available in cheaper and more expensive models

I see you have the RGA32. How do you like it? Any other suggestions? I couldn't find a lot of RGA's with a hardtail. I found these:
- RGA32;
- RGA42;
- RGA72QM, which I find a bit expensive, but might get it if it's worth the price difference. Does anyone know what

Quote by brainwasher
How about Omar Rodriguez Lopez signature model? It only has one humbucker, but i think it fits your other needs.

Thanks for your suggestion, but I actually want a RG-style Ibanez with 24 frets. This is more of a pop-punk guitar, it seems to me. So no, it's not really what I'm looking for.

Quote by jpnyc
Just do an even trade for what you need. Put want ads on whatever the Dutch version of Craigslist is offering to do an even trade for a hardtail RG series guitar. If nobody bites you lose nothing. If people try to trade you crap you don't want, ignore them and you lose nothing. But don't sell a cheap guitar just to use as a down payment on something else.

Yeah, but the Dutch Craigslist is quite small/not active when trading guitars. And I don't think people will want to trade my guitar.. XD Thanks for the tip though, I'll search around.

Quote by Pac_man0123
Go find yourself a Japanese Ibanez and try it out. Then, you'll understand what it means to like an Ibanez.

How much would such a guitar set me back and where would I fing out if a guitar is Japanese? :P
Gear:

Guitars:
LTD Viper 100FM
Ibanez RG320PG P2 (For sale*)
Ibanez RGA32 (w/ IronGear pups)
Epiphone Pro-1

Amps:
Vox VT15
or
Vox Tonelab EX
- through -
Peavey KB-300

* = PM me for more details

Quote by Willowthewitch

The actual correct answer
Quote by TuningGamer
How much would such a guitar set me back and where would I fing out if a guitar is Japanese? :P

Well I have 3...

The 2120X was just under $800 after shipping, but it's a Prestige model. And it has Dimarzio pickups.
The RG570 was $380 used (near-mint condition, though) from Guitar Center.
The RG7421 was like $350 used on Craigslist, and it came with a HSC and Dimarzio pickups.

EDIT: Oh and I got the 2120X from eBay.