im at school and want to make my ring finger independent and give it more dexterity once i get my ring finger more independent all my fingers will be good. any exercises?
Quote by smokeysteve22
try removing it, that way it will have its own independence.

/thread
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Quote by smokeysteve22
try removing it, that way it will have its own independence.

Hell yeah!
Do these exercises once every day of your life...complete finger independence isn't achieved easily and fast, but have faith and do not miss a single day from working.

These are all legato exercises, they will improve finger strength, speed and independence.

1) Use only ring and index fingers...

e|-8p5h8p5-(x2)------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
B|-------------------8p5h8p5-(x2)------------------------------------------------------------------|
G|-------------------------------------7p5h7p5-(x2)-------------------------------------------------|
D|-------------------------------------------------------7p5h7p5-(x2)-------------------------------|
A|-------------------------------------------------------------------------7p5h7p5-(x2)---5p3h5p3-(x2)|
E|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------5p3h5p3-(x2)-5-----|

Raise the pattern up one position and repeat. Continue up the neck to reach the 17th position. (A an octave higher)

2) Use all fingers.

e|-2p1h2p1(x2)-3p1h3p1(x2)-4p1h4p1(x2)-3p1h3p1(x2)-3p2h3p2(x2)-4p2h4p2(x2)-4p3h4p3(x2)-4p2h4p2(x2)------------|
B|----------------|
G|----------------|
D|----------------|
A|----------------|
E|----------------|

Repeat on strings 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6. Then go up a fret and repeat on strings 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, and 1.

You should do more exercises though. But these 2 are great.
D F O I N N T D
T W H O I R S D
Y O O R U
W S I U L C L K
A M S Y S

Quote by ScreamAim&Fire

Beautiful.
XxLloydxX for president!
Even though I'm english..

Want to hear Super Mario Bros Theme on electric rock guitar? SuperMarioBro
BuyMYMusic
SellMusic
Last edited by XxLloydxX at May 17, 2011,
Put your hand flat on a table and tap a beat with your ring finger without lifting any of your others.
PM me for newts
use it for the old innie and outie
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Quote by XxLloydxX
Do these exercises once every day of your life...complete finger independence isn't achieved easily and fast, but have faith and do not miss a single day from working.

These are all legato exercises, they will improve finger strength, speed and independence.

1) Use only ring and index fingers...

e|-8p5h8p5-(x2)------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
B|-------------------8p5h8p5-(x2)------------------------------------------------------------------|
G|-------------------------------------7p5h7p5-(x2)-------------------------------------------------|
D|-------------------------------------------------------7p5h7p5-(x2)-------------------------------|
A|-------------------------------------------------------------------------7p5h7p5-(x2)---5p3h5p3-(x2)|
E|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------5p3h5p3-(x2)-5-----|

Raise the pattern up one position and repeat. Continue up the neck to reach the 17th position. (A an octave higher)

2) Use all fingers.

e|-2p1h2p1(x2)-3p1h3p1(x2)-4p1h4p1(x2)-3p1h3p1(x2)-3p2h3p2(x2)-4p2h4p2(x2)-4p3h4p3(x2)-4p2h4p2(x2)------------|
B|----------------|
G|----------------|
D|----------------|
A|----------------|
E|----------------|

Repeat on strings 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6. Then go up a fret and repeat on strings 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, and 1.

You should do more exercises though. But these 2 are great.

thanks man